Sunday, July 25, 2010

Vacation.

Would you ever believe that you would need a vacation from vacation?

Well Hello Bloggers,
I am back, this will be the third time I have been home in almost a month, making that the third time I've gotten a chance to blog. In a way, it's been relaxing, in a way, it feels like I am missing my child, this blog was my baby for so long.
I have to be honest and say that this summer has not exactly felt like a vacation so far. I really want a week to shut everything down and, well... "let it be..."
I've tried to explain to people how they need to take time for themselves, I really think so many of us don't realize how important it is that we give God our FULL attention daily.
I'm reminded of that story about Martin Luther. He spent each morning in prayer before He would get to work, and when He was extremely busy, instead of rushing and getting everything done, He would take even more time out of his day to pray. I think that is so wise, and most of us would do the opposite.

I don't know about you, but I am about ready to throw my cell phone into an ocean somewhere. I feel like God sometimes cries for that to happen. Lately, I feel like I haven't been giving my FULL honest attention towards God, and when life gets busy I don't give Him even more time then regular, which really is how it should be. I am about to change that.

I was in church this evening, and I just felt... peaceful. My mind was growing, and I was thinking, just as an overall thought... God has to be so real, so big, so powerful, He puts upon everyone a different "feeling", he hugs the ones that needs to be held, covers those who need to be protected. As I glanced across the sanctuary I thought about how everyone has a different story, and God wants to hear about every single story. He wants to hear your story, and mine.
So why don't we tell Him?

I have to go back to think of a couple of summers ago when I made the connection that God could be whomever you needed Him to be, a father, hero, saviour? For me, a best friend.

I have to laugh, as I semi-re-read this, I am thinking back to when I started blogging, my thoughts in no particular order, absolutely absurd and almost impossible to decipher... God finds joy in putting the pieces together and knowing what I'm saying. Which I am thankful for.

I'm not an overly patient person, which makes me in the need for time to cool down and chill out. Does that make sense? I think I need to go back to some silence, except this time, some real personal silence, and restore passion, restore purpose, restore.
Isn't that what vacation is really for?

Oh come on, You know I love you. :)
-Colton

3 comments:

  1. haha, I agree. missed your posts... I admire the way you think here. Glad you're back! :)

    "oh come on, you know I love you" I can relate to that sentence more than you'd think.

    take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you gooooo? I miss your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the previous comment

    ReplyDelete