Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 10 - Enjoy the Silence

Jeremiah 3:11-22 ---

11 The LORD said to me....

12 Go, proclaim this message toward the north:
" 'Return, faithless Israel,' declares the LORD,
'I will frown on you no longer,
for I am merciful,' declares the LORD,
'I will not be angry forever.

13 Only acknowledge your guilt—
you have rebelled against the LORD your God,
you have scattered your favors to foreign gods
under every spreading tree,
and have not obeyed me,' "
declares the LORD.

14 "Return, faithless people," declares the LORD, "for I am your husband. I will choose you—one from a town and two from a clan—and bring you to Zion. 15 Then I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will lead you with knowledge and understanding. 16 In those days, when your numbers have increased greatly in the land," declares the LORD, "men will no longer say, 'The ark of the covenant of the LORD.' It will never enter their minds or be remembered; it will not be missed, nor will another one be made. 17 At that time they will call Jerusalem The Throne of the LORD, and all nations will gather in Jerusalem to honor the name of the LORD. No longer will they follow the stubbornness of their evil hearts. 18 In those days the house of Judah will join the house of Israel, and together they will come from a northern land to the land I gave your forefathers as an inheritance.

19 "I myself said,
" 'How gladly would I treat you like sons
and give you a desirable land,
the most beautiful inheritance of any nation.'
I thought you would call me 'Father'
and not turn away from following me.

20 But like a woman unfaithful to her husband,
so you have been unfaithful to me, O house of Israel,"
declares the LORD.

21 A cry is heard on the barren heights,
the weeping and pleading of the people of Israel,
because they have perverted their ways
and have forgotten the LORD their God.

22 "Return, faithless people;
I will cure you of backsliding."
"Yes, we will come to you,
for you are the LORD our God.


Hey Folks! I am praying you are having a fantastic day. Well, I know that those verses are a lot to talk it, but hang in there with me! I think there is a good message. First of all, read it twice, slowly, carefully, prayerfully. Take it in. Is there any certain thing tugging at your heart? How do you feel when it talks about an unfaithful woman to her husband, that is how we are to God? Is God using that to speak to you right now?

Okay, think about a time when you were unfaithful to God. Don't rush by it, even if it hurts. What brought you to that place? What was it that made you turn away from God? Really consider these things, you find so much stuff out. Why did that thing, person, event, whatever, turn you away from God who loves you with everything He is?

Stop, enjoy the silence while pondering that question. Try to remember the failure, or guilt you felt when you let God down. Journal this stuff!

Okay, read the passage again, but focus on verses 12 and 13. I think you'll like this! How does it make you feel to know that no matter how much you rebel against God, or deny Him, He still calls you back to His side? Do you feel unworthy? Or do you feel loved unconditionally?

God knows where you've been, He knows what you've done, but He says "Come back." In the spot where you wrote down your failures or guilt, cross it out with big letters saying "Return to me."

Share your thoughts and reflections. I was thinking, maybe sometimes these blogs don't hit home when you are reading them. However, maybe you know of some one who could really benefit from them, at least that's my prayer. So share, fill people in on what God is doing!

Smile.

-Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment