Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Prom Night

Hey Guys and Gals!

Well, yesterday I said I wouldn't blog today, but I can't help myself. I'll blog early.
I just had a really good... "moment."
I was kind of getting ready for prom tonight, and I was just thinking about after prom, and what is going to happen and how am I going to handle things, etc.
Then the song 'I Exalt Thee' started playing, by Jesus Culture. All of a sudden I felt at such peace it was insane! I started journaling, and writing down lyrics, and I hadn't done that in a while, and I finally felt relaxed about it all.
I wrote in my journal, "God thank you! I've made up my mind, I am in control of my life, and I am taking everything for you God." I will never stop singing your praises. As I was writing I felt relief. I guess God wasn't going to let me feel relief until I made up in my mind what was going to happen.
OH man.... Have you ever been in one of those moods where you can't describe how you feel? Yah, I apologize for that, I hope you can kind of see what I'm trying to say.

At first I was a little worried about going to after prom, I mean it's all alcohol, all drunk, etc. I've never really seen anything good come from that. Yet, I figured, couldn't I do more by going there and setting an example then not going at all, copping out on it? However, the argument was raised, why would you put yourself in that position of temptation. The thing is, I just KNOW that I am not going to give in. I am not going to. Straight up. God is holding onto my hand, and there isn't a chance I am letting go. Maybe this is stupid, maybe I should just sit home alone, but the thing is.. I just hate the way that looks. Colton the Christian boy can't go out because he isn't allowed to, because he is Christian. I want it to be like, Colton, the Christian guy, is coming out to hang with the people He cares about, but isn't drinking because He has values. Surprisingly enough, people respect that second scenario a whole lot more... Hmmm.. It's like being an ambassador for Christ. That's what I am. God guides me, and protects me, and I can absolutely guarantee I will have a cool story for you tomorrow night!

God, I want to praise you in everything I do, everywhere I go. I won't stop singing. We exalt Thee. Ahhh.

We shall talk tomorrow.
-Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment