Friday, March 26, 2010

17

Well, today was my birthday, and I think I will say it was a humbling one at that.
I guess that isn't bad though.
I maybe expected too much. Birthday's are such a big deal - still! I think today really shook me up when I realized the factor of me and my lack of Christian friends, and the ones I do have are awesome, but I wasn't with them. And sometimes, friends who don't understand you on that level hurt you, even when they think they are having fun with you... hmm.
I don't know how, but I think I can relate this to if you think you hear something from God, follow it, it will be better, more enjoyable, and You will get all you are longing for, plus more.
Really, think about that, when we become tuned into God, and are ready to listen, we will constantly be getting thoughts, and sometimes we think, no this is just my imagination, test it, and find out for yourself.
Like maybe, I wasn't supposed to hang out with people on my birthday because I was going to end up disappointed, or maybe I should of gone somewhere else at a different time when I felt the urge to do so. Somehow we dismiss that feeling and go the opposite way.
A good way to test it is if you are not feeling tuned into God, not feeling like you have the connection going on at the moment, and you get an idea to do something, chances are it's not the right thing to do. Know where you are standing on your level of hearing God's voice when you make these decisions.

I fear that no one will be able to decipher what I just wrote down.
Anyway, I am seventeen, and I thank God for that, the same as yesterday, but I am guessing that party I asked for ended up in heaven and not so much down here on earth, oh well - now I know to specify for next year,
Colton.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Colton, just happened upon your blog. :) Sorry that your birthday party didn't go as well as you wanted it to, and I understand what you wrote in the post, so it is decipherable. But you're very right about listening to those urges we sometimes have, especially because that's how God often speaks to us.
    Anyway, congratulations turning seventeen! I'm in the same boat; my party is today and I turn seventeen wednesday! But I really hope God blesses this year for you.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean...

    Here's what I'd do-- I'd.. Go to the store and grab some candy, drinks, popcorn, rent a couple movies, chill at home, and have a un-birthday day! haha. I'm being serious though. It may not have been a b-day to top the chart yesterday, however, you can still have one and celebrate. Just a thought... HAPPY Seventeenth Birthday!!! I pray this year will be mind-blowing for you! p.s. I like your positive approach to this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAIT!.. Did you say Seventeen Or Eighteen??? cause in your last post, you said 18...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm seventeen, but that means that you are entering your 18th year of life, because You have been alive for seventeen years... haha I know, a little odd.

    ReplyDelete