Thursday, March 25, 2010

Birthday

If you know me, you know that I think birthday's are big deal, I never knew why I thought this, but I always get super pumped up about it, like incredibly pumped up. Well, my birthday is tomorrow. So, I was thinking about writing this tomorrow, but I shall write it now, after all, this is what God put on my heart TODAY, so maybe that means someone needs to read it TODAY.

So, birthday's. You were born. Big woop, you are another year older, yee-haw!
NO! Get this, you got a chance at life, you were given a life. I don't know, that baffles me in itself.
I don't know what made me think about it, or how it started, but something got me thinking, God must celebrate birthday's ever day, multiple birthday's everyday. He has a kid, that He loves with everything in Him, born each day. I was thinking about how excited I get, and I wasn't sure why, but then I was thinking about God, you know sometimes we think of God as this massive power, it dawned on me, He has feelings too, and He knows how to party, let me tell you, I've been to a couple of parties that He has hosted. So, I asked God to throw me a party. Sound like a good plan?
Then I was thinking, I think I know why I get so excited, besides the presents and the b-day wishes and what not, it means God has given me another year! I am going into my eighteenth year of life! Tomorrow, I will have lived for seventeen years, that is seventeen years that God has looked after me, that He has cried with me, that He has picked me up when all I wanted to do was lay down. Man oh man, I don't know why, but I think on my Birthday this year I am finally realizing all He has done for me! I ran so hard, and he chased so fast! O jumped off cliffs into burning poisonous lava, and he flew over and caught just before it was too late. I was talking today in first period parenting and how sometimes parents are really easy to talk to, or are bad at making rules, or are too lazy, etc. Basically we had a debate about the perfect parent. God is the ultimate parent, He is my Dad! My rescuer, my best friend, the guy who helps me out when I really need another guy to talk to, who always has the right answer!

Thanks Dad,
Come with me in this next year, and thank you so much for giving me life on March 26th, it means everything to me that I get to experience this world, Your world day after day.
-Colton

You are faithful... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment