Wednesday, March 31, 2010

More than just Easter eggs.

Hey Y'all.
Well. I find myself here thinking about what to write. Here's an idea...
Right now in English class we are comparing the four gospels to the movie "The Passion of the Christ."
Kids were totally surprised that I knew so much, and, it was just awesome! People asking about my religion, and then other kids saying it's just relaxed, and non denominational. It felt good, then when they realized I read the bible, daily, for fun... they were shaken up. They didn't get it.
Well, I guess pray that I'll get to keep surprising them and making their minds tick with questions.
One thing that kind of got me, a lot of kids who are forced into a religion such as Catholicism, or any other, they loose interest in reading and thinking about God, all they try to do is contradict it, and bring up points that maybe it isn't real. They get turned off.

One point that was made was, How did the disciples write about Jesus going to the garden and praying if they were all asleep? It caught me off guard. So, I am asking for You guys out there, any answers that maybe I can use to brighten up the situation. I just have this desire to bring some truth and hope and realness into their views, to inspire them to continue to seek the answers and to see the genuine love that is in it all! To show them it isn't a sad story, it is an incredible happy day, and we need to be thankful, and of course we feel sad for Jesus, but that is want inspires us to love Him more.

Easter is here, let's really take this weekend to think about it all. Tomorrow night I am going to see an Easter play called "Freedom", I am pumped, God using ART to minister. :)

So, let this be the first day where we look back on Easter 1977 years ago and realize it is more than Easter eggs. How was God feeling right now? This man.... A HUMAN... Was so much in pain and fear that He started sweating BLOOD. We asked God to get Him out of it, but He know this was the world's fate if He didn't go through with it, so He did. Now that is an inspiration.

Chocolate is good, Christ is better,
Colton

4 comments:

  1. *blinks*
    Wow. What a question about the Garden. When I see my youth pastor, I'm going to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Jesus told the disciples about his experience in the garden after his resurrection?

    happy easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been told that God put the thoughts into the "authors" heads and they wrote what he inspired in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate is good, Jesus is better! haha, I like that.

    Sounds like you're doing just great in speaking God's word. It's almost as if people 'Like' debating the word (bible/Jesus events) instead of actually comprehending it and taking it in. Good job Colton. That makes me happy.

    It's not exactly the easiest thing to do. It takes guts to talk about God, let alone Jesus Christ. I can pray for Jesus to give you the words to speak to them.. He will ;)

    ReplyDelete