Sunday, March 28, 2010

BLEH

Ever just want to be really good at one thing? Like the absolute best?
I don't know why, possibly the immense amount of "tired" that is overflowing my body, but right now I really want to be perfect, at something. God, why do I have that feeling right now?
Hah, this isn't one of those blogs where I know the answer, just a question.

Anyway, besides my spastic mind asking randomly obscene questions, my day was... well...
I had hardly five hours of sleep, woke up, went to church, came home, family came over for birthday lunch, feel asleep until 5:15, found out I worked at 5. Went to work, was called "sleepy boy" all night, and now I am home... wanting to be perfect.

Perhaps it isn't a feeling of so much wanting to be perfect, but so much of just wanting to dedicate myself to one thing, I think I spread myself too thin, and with that I can't really see what my full potential is in one area. Which sucks, because now I don't have a clue of what I am capable, who knows, maybe if I practiced one thing all day everyday and dropped everything else I would be perfect. But how do you do that in this world?
Oh No, I feel like I am starting to sound like my old blog. This has got to stop...

Breathe....

Sorry guys, I think I just used this blog as a little bit of a garbage can, haha hope you enjoyed it.
God bless those crazy words, and I pray that someone who reads that may get something positive from it.

Okay, here are some of my favourite parts of Psalms 16, I just read, it kind of mends my heart in a soothing way if that makes sense.

Psalms 16 ---
My choice is you God, first and only. And now I find I'm Your choice! You set me up with a house and yard. And then you made me your heir! Day and night I'll stick with God; I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go. I'm happy from the inside out, and from the outside in, I'm firmly formed. You cancelled my ticket to hell - that's not my destination! Now you've got my feet on the life path, all radiant from the shining of you face. Ever since you took my hand, I'm on the right way.

:) Nice.

Well, can you tell I am extremely tired? Forgive me, and maybe a little prayer? Haha, funny how things work, everytime I pray to God to strengthen me and bring me closer to Him, things get a little bit more tough, interesting!
-Colton



1 comment:

  1. "Perhaps it isn't a feeling of so much wanting to be perfect, but so much of just wanting to dedicate myself to one thing, I think I spread myself too thin, and with that I can't really see what my full potential is in one area."
    I think most young adults struggle with this. All of my friends do three different sports, have two jobs, school, church stuff, family stuff, six different side activities...we are tiring ourselves out so fast.
    What I think we need to realize is that God gives us all gifts and expects us to improve and use them. So maybe what you're wondering is what your gift is and how to improve it.
    Just my thoughts. I hope you get some rest and feel better. ^_^

    ReplyDelete