Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Real

"And tonight, God wants to encounter you, and wants you to feel His love, His amazing love. Without it, these are just songs, these are just words, these are just instruments, without the love of God it's like we're up here just making noise. But the Love of God changes us, we're never the same, we're never the same after we encounter the love of God. And right now, if you haven't encountered the love of God, and you would know, because you wouldn't be the same, you would never be the same again -- and if you want to encounter the love of God right now, you better just brace yourself because He's about to just blow in this place. And we're going to encounter the love of God, right now."

Those are some fine words of truth right there. The thing about God is that He wants us so much, that whenever we come to Him, he will be right there with open arms to make us feel comfortable, to make us feel like home, to make us feel loved. That is a promise.

So, this is the real deal about love. So many times in our lives we will feel hurt, or broken down, like there is no other place to turn. Sometimes, that is where we meet God, and that is totally cool. The thing that draws me into God, is the love aspect. His love is unconditional, and it is safe to say that that kind of love is hard to find anywhere else. You feel something, a comfort, like things are taken care of and they will be okay -- ALL THE TIME.

The reason why I put that quote at the top of this page is because of two words, "right now." When You are feeling that emotional pain, that hurt, that feeling that there is no where else to go, you can go to God "right now." When you are having a moment of complete joy, like nothing could be any better, You can share that with God "right now" and make it ten times better.

What is God? A friend who never leaves or back-stabs, a Dad who will always be there for you and never hurt you, A Savior who will get you out of every tough place in this world, and continue to save you before things get worse.

Another question I get a lot is, "What do I do? Pray? I feel stupid just talking to air." The thing is, have faith. I wouldn't be writing all these blogs for some specks of air -- trust me. Yes, pray, for anything and everything. The bible says instead of worry about anything, pray about everything. You will be amazed. Check out www.biblegateway.com they have some wicked versions on the bible, check out "the message." itunes some Jesus Culture music. A really cool thing to do when you are first starting out thinking about God, and You feel stupid, or silly, or overwhelmed -- Just play some music, sit, and simply say "God, show me your love, show me that You are real. How much do you love me?" Then you are on a whirlwind. The thing about God is, He can't ignore you, so go for it. It's real.

Ask me anything,
Colton

5 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad you're doing well. This post is amazing! I like it a lot. I do have a question: do you mind comments? I know that some don't. just wanted to be clear on that. (don't worry, I won't leave long ones haha.) I feel like it's good to know there's someone out there who may be on the same page, you know? It's encouraging for me lol. Anyway, seems like you're learning quite a bit. Hope you have a good rest of the week. -Yazzie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, ok I'll take you up on that ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. No that was the question lol. I just wasn't sure if you were ok with comments. If I have any other questions, I'll for sure let you know. And feel free to ask me ANYTHING as well, k? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete