Monday, March 22, 2010

The flames of Love that burns in His eyes -- for You.

Do you dare? Look into the eyes of love tonight, leaving everything else behind.
Oh, Eyes that burn with the flames of love.
Eyes that burn with flames of love.
Those flames are a consuming fire. They will burn in me, come and burn me.
Oh, come and burn in me, all consuming fire.
My God is an all consuming Fire!
Haha, Fire that can't be tamed, fire that won't be put in a box, fire that won't be put out, an all consuming fire, come burn in me.
Your love is stronger, and bigger, and greater, Your love.
Oh, the flames of love that burn in his eyes... for You!
You are all I want, You are all I need, everything my heart could hope for.
God, I love you and all You do, can I have more of you?
Amazing grace how sweet the sound, oh my God You never let me down.
I have found a peace, that plows on through the storm.
I have found a joy, that jumps over sadness.
I have found a love, that lights up every room.
I have found, I found You.
I surrender, No turning back, I've made up my mind, I'm giving all of my life this time. Your love makes it worth it, Your love makes it worth it all.



Okay, so I am failing hard at this homework thing, pray for me... I am serious haha.
So, lots of good news, more followers on the blog, thanks guys, hope you like it as much as I like writing it.
Just a little note, the above blurb it's a bunch of lines from some of Kim Walker's spontaneous stuff, it gets me going like nothing else. Check it out, her album is called "Here is my song."

Well then, I was just talking to a friend of mine who heard a take on the story of Abraham on the weekend, from a pastor named Mike Miller. Just when I heard a piece of the story my mind was blown.
The story of Abraham has been a cool one to me and God has been showing it to me a lot lately, but this kind of hit me in a new perspective. Abraham was told by God to take his son to the alter as a sacrifice. This was a test from God, see Abraham had been praying for kids for so long, he was 115 years old, and he finally had one son, this son meant the world to Abraham.
One day, God wanted to test Abrahams faithfulness, and He told Abraham to go to a Mountain and sacrafice his son, Issac. Abraham set out to do the job. What got me with this story is this, Abraham was 115, Issac was a young adult at this point. He would of understood what was going to happen when his father asked him to lay on the burning alter. Issac would of had to help his father tie the ropes around himself. He was willing to sacrifice himself to let his father obey God's command. Now that is faith, that is going out on a limb and saying, "God I give it all to you! I trust You!"
Of course, God sent an angel down to that very spot and said to Abraham -- "Don't lay a hand on that boy! Don't touch him! Now I know how fearlessly you fear God; you didn't hesitate to place your son, your dear son, on the altar for me." Imagine how Issace felt at this point, I imagine it consisted of a little relief.
So get this, this wasn't just a little game, God isn't cruel, it was a test, and because Abraham passed, God gave him quite the promise....
Genesis 22:15-18 --- The angel of God spoke from Heaven a second time to Abraham: "I swear—God's sure word!—because you have gone through with this, and have not refused to give me your son, your dear, dear son, I'll bless you—oh, how I'll bless you! And I'll make sure that your children flourish—like stars in the sky! like sand on the beaches! And your descendants will defeat their enemies. All nations on Earth will find themselves blessed through your descendants because you obeyed me."

I want to be like Issac, so willing to give it all up, knowing that no matter how rough it looks, I'll be fine. We should live like that daily, on the alter, when we are on the alter we can see more clearly what God wants from us, so let that be our challenge, to be our thought. Let's live like Issac, on the Alter.

I feel like I did a lousy job describing how incredible that is, anyway, seriously pray for the Bio text tomorrow and English Homework that needs to get done. Thanks! Haha. I love You guys,
Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment