Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Brain Vomit #2

OKAY! Well, I just spent the last hour, just soaking up information on God, not just on God, but on life, and everyone can relate to that! So I have thoughts come into my head, a lot of stuff that Kim Walker has taught me, and some stuff that really has penetrated the way I have been thinking, so check it out. Two thoughts for tonight.....

#1) In the pursuit of following Him, He will bring our destiny to us, we don't even have to chase it, it will just come. Fix our eyes on Him, walk towards Him, don't run away from the path He put in front of you, look ahead. Don't promote yourself, He will set up those opportunities and situations for you. He will put in you the right place at the right time, his timing is perfect. It's about trust, He will bring about the destiny he has called us too. He will open the doors and put us there. Simple.

Now... haha, I like this next one, a lot!

#2) Think about this: Worship is not music, it's not songs, those are expressions of worship, it cannot be defined to a box, it is simply our connection to Him. The song, the dance, it is all an expression of worship, but worship simply put, is the connection straight from us to God. We go through our week, we have life, we have school, we have bad days, we have good days, then we come to church and say, come on worship team, get me connected again! We can't stay in that place! Imagine what a "worship" service would be like if everyone came in already connected, because they fought all week long for this connection - because it is the most important thing in their life.. what would it be like? How much more of Gods presence could we encounter? We all have this well inside of us, its our job to keep it full, overflowing! Constantly pouring in and out! Whatever we have to do to keep it filled, thats what we have to be concentrated on. Absolutely everything in life demands us to pour out our heart and souls, so we need a constant refilling. At any moment we can stop what we are doing, and BAM worship Jesus, right then and there, because our connection is alive and connected! We don't have to stop and be like, "Hey is there anyone around who can play a song for me right now? I feel the need to worship and I need you to work something up in me." No way, I want this connection to be alive!!! I want people to have this connection, constantly! The key is having an unoffended heart! That feeling when we ask God, why did you let that happen? Why did I go through this? Day after day we deal with ugly reminders of our past, and day after day we have to remind ourselves that God had a reason for it, even if we can't see it. You know what? It is an amazing thing to come to God and say, you know what God, I don't need the answers, because more then I want the answers, I want you! Sometimes we think, why don't I feel God? Why don't I see him, what is holding me back from understand this amazing God I hear about? Maybe you've been hurt in your past and it is holding you back, and it painful, it feels like it kills to even think about what you've been through, but to press through that, and get through that pain, and say it is all of little importance compared to being with God is simply rewarding. So push through that pain and hurt, He is there, waiting with open arms, wanting a hug.

Gahhhh!! I want to spew out my thoughts more clearly, be honest, what do you think? Did that makes sense?

I love you, and I don't know... I just have a burning heart,
Colton


2 comments:

  1. Honestly, sooo relatable. And you are totally right. We need to go to God with an unoffended heart!
    I'm always taking his presence for granted, and pushing him aside. It's like that new kid/outcast in school that no one sees. You know you should talk to them, show them around, or just BE there with them, and it's the right thing... but you don't for whatever reason. You are scared, don't want to be centered out, and you feel like you have bigger problems. And it's just like that with God! Sometimes I convince myself that I have bigger things going on and that I don't want to make myself vulnerable, or I'm scared. Slowly it comes back to me why giving up a little time, makes a big difference!
    Well hope thats not too off topic, just had an inspired thought! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes sense. We need to continually keep ourselves filled up with our burning passion(s) for our Father. It's not only on the weekends that we should know His face, we need to let Him meet us right where we're at.. NOW, RIGHT HERE, and in THIS moment... If we're gonna be committed, we need to keep that fire AFLAME for not only our sake, but for the sake of our Love!! ..and then everything else just falls into place...

    ReplyDelete