Sunday, February 21, 2010

1 John 4:7-10

1 John 4:7-10
My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God. The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God.

Hey Bloggers,
well my day was swell, I worked from 11 to five, which was tiring to say the least and then I came home, learned how to play guitar some more, then went to church. A powerful evening at church, my pastor opened up with that verse. It was cool, he basically talked about the whole power that is invested with us to share the Love, which is basically what I was talking about in my blog a few days ago, I love how God works, reaffirming everything. My pastor asked me to share tonight about what God has been doing lately, and it was great to share with the congregation about what the youth has been up too, soaking the Holy Spirit. At the moment I feel tired, and I know tomorrow is a crazy busy day, and my deepest prayer is for God to show people through me that even when I'm busy I can keep calm because I have God there. "That they will see your good deeds and turn to Heaven."
To be honest, I feel kind of bummed that I am so busy with things that aren't solely directed to God, is that bad? I guess it just shows the change in my heart.
Tonight we also prayed for the youth of this city, so much heart, so much that kids need to be exposed to, and see, and feel, and understand.


I encourage you to soak up that verse, I started to pick it out, part by part and explain my thoughts, but I decided not to, tonight my brain is fried, so I didn't want to spoil the fun, pray for some energy for me.

Going to bed,
Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment