Sunday, February 14, 2010

Look straight into the eyes of love and say, come burn in me.

Matthew 10:38-39 ---
"If you don't go all the way with me, through thick and thin, you don't deserve me. If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me.


Hey Blog Readers. Last night I found myself prayed for teenagers and the youth of this generation, and I don't know why or how but somehow it became real to me the hurt that we go through as young people. What really became prominent to me was that hurt that everyone is trying to fin who they are in this world, trying to find this passion, trying to find who they are, or what they are supposed to be. In same cases teens are looking for ways to fit in, or trying to find out who to hang out with. Then I was sitting in church this morning and this verse hit me like a tsunami! If we forget about ourselves and look to God, we will find ourselves, and plus we get a massive bonus, we find God too!
Now, for Christian teenagers that is such a relief, we already understand what God is, and how incredible his love is, and, dare I say it, it may be slightly easier to follow this "rule" than a teenager who hasn't been introduced to God.
So, the question is, how do we get to those youth who really need to hear this? We must be bold. We have to pray for God to give us that wisdom and strength to go out there and capture hearts for him. I have challenge, let's make fools of ourselves this week, let's not care about our social status, and not care about what people may think or say. I'm serious, let's go out there and just throw God into all of our conversations. My challenge is, let's talk about God in every conversation we can, someway, somehow, or let's not talk at all. Haha, it sounds absurd for some of us, I know for me it will be stretch, but think about the possibilities? Let's pray before we speak, while we are speaking and after we speak that our words will no way turn people off from hearing about God, but it will plant a seed, or somehow water a seed that is already planted?
Am I going insane? Is this possible? Let's try, let me know how you make out. We need to be so full of his spirit to follow through with this, so let's seek him, let's get filled up, let's come to him so he will come to us. Let's meet him in that place, let him pour out on us. Let's give him all the praise. Let's encounter him!
Amen?

I want to take Your Word and shine it all around;
First, help me just to live it, Lord.
And when I'm doing well
Help me to never seek a crown;
For my reward is giving glory to You.

Ready for a challenge, time to get filled,
Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment