Monday, February 1, 2010

Round Two



Let's keep on going, and hey bloggers if you are getting bored of my journal let me know, while I am re-reading these entries so many things pop into my mind but I'm not sharing them because I feel like I am writing miles and miles.. so, please enjoy the next day of my Los Angeles adventure. :)

Wednesday, August 19th
"Race" Today I learned that sense I am a rich white boy I can bring joy into a Spanish mans life by humbling myself and handing out well needed produce, this is remarkable. Today we did the food truck, which means we filled a food truck with any food that has been donated to the Dream Center and then delivered to areas of poverty in L.A. Because of God's wonderfulness we fed over 200 people in a Spanish community.
The leader today had another amazing testimony, he used to worship Satan. One day he was at a church activity of some sort and was so frustrated that he punched the leader of the event in the face. The leader responded by hugging this guy back, because of that love that was shown, this guy turned to the Lord. I want to show that love.
This evening we did and outreach at "Muscle Beach." this beach is known for celebrity sightings, however, amongst all the fame and glory, once again there is so much poverty. When we got to the beach we gave away free pizza and pop and just talked to people, let them tell us their stories and love them back. One lady we were talking to had been there for ten years living on that same beach, she said that over time you get to enjoy the time you have by yourself. Of course all of these people have quite the story to tell, wether they have made it up, or they legitimately fell into that tragedy, is a mystery. I love the aspect of getting to know people and loving them through everything they have gone through.
Sometimes I found myself getting discouraged because I'm not the best at bringing up God in a conversation with people on the streets, or in general. However, I am learning so much, and I pray God will use me however he wants, whenever he wants, and I will be prepared to do so. I have to give all the glory to God. I am truly learning so much, and there is so much that I am excited to take back with me. God is literally changing my life, slowly but surely.
THERE IS SO MUCH MORE! He is good.


Have a wonderful night bloggers, let me know what you think.

Craving to change a life,
Colton



1 comment:

  1. Hey there! :)

    I'm blessed by your journal entries from your trip to L.A.! so don't feel like you're writing something for nothing.

    We have a dream center branch at my church, so to hear about people all across the world coming together to help with that is awesome! God is awesome!~
    Yazzie :)

    ReplyDelete