Friday, February 26, 2010

I am consumed by You.

Hey Guys and Girls.

I just feel this peace surrounding me. You know, that feeling, you are being looked after, you are no longer in a mess, you are safe.

Romans 2:24 ---
"He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ."

Pretty peaceful isn't it?
You know, at this one moment in time, in my imagination, there are a thousand dreams and thoughts sprinting. Dreams for a future where I am praising God with all I have, being thankful for all I am and all I have been given.
Some of thoughts in my head are things that I could talk about right now, like... screwing up, and God picking us up, days of being lazy, Anointing, Purity, a few things that are really on my heart... but I read something today out of the book "Jesus Culture" by Banning Liebscher that I want to share.

I don't know what is going on inside me, but I have a heart to see things drastically changed and I am ready to mature spiritually and for gifts to be poured out and to see revival and a radical change over this world. World seems like such a big world, but ultimately, that is what it is. The world, God is going to change the world. It will be a combination of speaking the word, sharing of faith, leading of music. I don't care, I just want God to throw those blessing upon me. So lately my prayer has been for an advance in spiritual maturity, and with that we have to prove that we are worthy of this advancement. I saw that to say that what this entry is focusing on is for those who are ready to mature in that.
I was reading in that book today, about alignment. We all have spiritual influences in our lives, like our pastors, worship leaders, a friend who has a strong relationship with Christ. I believe, and agree with Banning when he says that we are to look to those Fathers and Mothers, our "role-models", and use the ground that they have conquered, take that knowledge, and run with it. Let's see if this makes more sense. "If revival is a structure God is building on the earth, then I don't want to spend my life building the same floor my fathers and mothers built. In other words I can align my life under Bill Johnson's and step right into a revelation of healing that took him years to acquire." The spirit of independence has deceived us into thinking we need to strive on our own and learn things by ourselves, so we only end up reaching as far as those before us. Rather than working from the same floor in the building of revival that my fathers and mothers have built, I want to take what they've received and propel it to the next level!
Make more sense now?
It just strikes me that these are the days when things are going to happen, we are not just any other generation, God is using us to see His world changed. The change is now, so let's not waste time soaking in what we already know or in what our fathers, mothers, and role-models have already learned, let's take what they have received and run with it, further and further. Let's make progress, and always come back to the heart of worship, right to God. Let's run this race faster than any other generation before us, and my prayer is that the generation after us, if there will be one, will run even faster, always getting the prize. Forever and ever.

A servant and in love,
Colton

Refreshing joy, adoration, we come to pour our love on you. Jesus, be my everything. Be my everything, be my everything, be my everything, be my everything. You are everything, You are everything, You are everything. WE WILL DECLARE, YOU ARE EVERYTHING. Holy holy holy, is the Lord God almighty, who was and is and is to come. With all creation I sing, praise to the King of Kings, You are my everything, and I will adore You.

No comments:

Post a Comment