Monday, February 15, 2010

Bad experiences in a Wonderful Day.


What a day, yesterday's challenge was tough, but I must admit, what I faced today was also on the not so easy side. It's funny actually, last night, and all of yesterday I was prayed that when Satan attacks that I will be ready, it was like I kept feeling God tell me that I was going to be put through something soon, sure enough... today happened.
Through out the course of the day, a teacher of mine really hurt me, I realized I had multiple projects due, I had extra curricular activities(that I no longer feel passionate about) schedules colliding, and on top of it all, the ring that my parents got me for Valentines day BROKE. Haha, needless to say, I felt a little drained by the end of the day.

This evening I was ready verses about anger, because at this point, I was "frustrated", still close with God, and praying and talking to him, but "frustrated". And I think that's important to point out, some people automatically assume that if you are angry, or displaying any kind of emotion that is not abundant joy, that you have fallen away from God. That's not true, one friend came up to me today and said, I'm sorry you're having a bad day, and I was taken back by the thought that, you know what, I'm not having a bad day I am having a couple bad experiences in this wonderful day that the Lord had made. Anywhoooo, back to the verses that I was reading...
James 1:19-20 ---
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

That was like a splash of righteous cold water on my fuelling, raging, angry face. Haha, praise God for moments like those. So with that verse I realized that even though I felt bitter towards certain things that happened today, I should listen to what these things are telling me, lessons from God perhaps, I should be slow to argue with God about how it would have been better if "this and that" had of happened. Also, I should not get angry about such a silly things because what kind of Glory does that bring to God?

Now, it is past midnight and I have decided that I will be staying home from first period tomorrow to work on school work, which takes care of one issue. I realize that things will get done because they need to get done, I will make it to the practices and meetings that I need to make it to, because I need to be there, one day at a time. God has changed me, and commitments I have made before the change no longer seem important to me, yet they are still commitments therefore I still have to honour them -- Show God's honour. Make sense? Anyway, that has been today, and Wonderful day, with some not so pleasant experiences.

Haha, when you think about it, it's fantastic, if Satan is trying to rain on my parade, that means that he is threatened, and that means that this army of God is advancing. That makes crack a massive smile.

P.S. - The challenge is still on, let's see if we can improve from today with the whole talking "about God in everything" thing.

On a side note, I have a scared obsession with love,
Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment