Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Sonnet

Hey Bloggers, so today I was assigned to write a sonnet, want to hear it? Haha be patient, and full of grace because I am not sure if poetry writing was one of the gifts God bestowed on me. :) Here it is...


Cry of a Heart


Oh how my heart, it yearns for something more

A Love - complete - never leaving me dry.

In ventures past I’ve felt nothing but, sore

loses will end, I’ll never say Goodbye.

You grow with me through hills and valleys low.

In which I have grown and seen destiny.

Nothing but peace and gifts do you bestow.

You have opened my eyes, now I can see.

And though this seems so very ‘religious’

It is a beautiful simplicity.

Love, Never Fails. So far away than lust.

Showing me more of who I’m made to be.

Each day meeting in that place where I breath,

Freely, effortlessly; breath with such ease.



So, what do you think? I am praying over it, praying that, in some way it may spark a question in class, or maybe get the teacher thinking, or something. God makes things work together for good, we know that, so maybe this is an opportunity, I asked God for eyes to see opportunities, so now I am really searching, it's like I have magnifying glasses over my eyes. I am trying to not miss anything, although, that could be a little tricky.


Well, tomorrow is Friday again, God has blessed us with another week. Think of everything we have learned, about everything that he told us this week. I am super excited, there is youth group tomorrow night, and I am pumped to hear about how those kids made out this week after their encounter last week. (If you don't know what I am talking about check out last Friday's blog. Praise God.) If you are an avid reader, pray for them, pray for your siblings in Christ, that we will be like an army, warriors, that are stuck together like glue, fighting for the cause.


That's it. Just soaking it up, writing Sonnets, God Bless,

Colton.

No comments:

Post a Comment