Thursday, February 25, 2010

Obsession

What can I do with my obsession?
With the things I cannot see
Is there madness in my being?
Is it wind that blows the trees?
Sometimes you're further than the moon

Sometimes you're closer than my skin
And you surround me like a winter fog
You've come and burned me with a kiss

And my heart burns for you
And my heart burns

And I'm so filthy with my sin
I carry pride like a disease
You know I'm stubborn God and I'm longing
to be close
You burn me deeper than I know
I feel lonely without hope
I feel desperate without vision
You wrap around me like a winter coat
You come and free me like a bird

And my heart burns for you
And my heart burns for you

I just have this deep passion, and maybe a suggestion, or an idea, burning inside of me. Just spend some time alone seeking him, and finding him, and figuring out everything, my favourite parts of my life are when I just take time and am talking things out with him, and my life becomes that much more clear. Let's continually be charging up as we are pouring out.

Psalms 62:2 ---
God, the one and only— I'll wait as long as he says.
Everything I need comes from him,
so why not?
He's solid rock under my feet,
breathing room for my soul,
An impregnable castle:
I'm set for life.

Haha, that's excellent! We are set for life. SET FOR LIFE, it's like the Lottery, except instead of a chance of winning money, you are guaranteed of winning love. Sweet deal? I think yes!


I want to drink God, deep draughts of God. I'm thirsty for God-alive,
Colton

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. I quoted that same verse last week at Merge! ha ha "I want to drink God, deep draughts of God. I'm thirsty for God-alive,"

    Tony

    ReplyDelete