Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Power Love Authority

"Same power that conquered the grave lives in me."

"Your love which rescued the earth lives in me."

These two lines are so powerful and so true. God has given us that power and that Authority to change this nation. Think about that? What a privilege! An honour even! Let's not abuse that gift, Let's take advantage of it! I have been talking about this the past few blogs, but I have been studying Acts, did you know that the power that Paul and Barnabas had when they brought people back from the dead, and healed people from terrible diseases, lives in us? God has put that in us, placed those gifts in us, it is our job to become close with God, and seek his face and ask for anointing and for him to release them in us. Okay, we sometimes think, we can't talk to that person about God, we are too small, or they won't even respond. HAHAHA No way, God is sharing HIS power with US, we can do anything with Him, hear that? ANYTHING. But mainly, he has given us that power to love.

Okay, let's talk about this love. Wow, Love. That greatest gift of all, love. You know that love, that God used to rescue this world? He so LOVED the world, that he gave his only perfect son? THAT LOVE! That Love is in us to share and show people in this world who need it. Think of how many people you encounter on a daily basis who's lives would run so much better with Love. Oh wait, think of everyone you encounter on a daily bases who would benefit from this powerful LOVE OF GOD! HA! EVERYONE, because, when we encounter the Love of God, we are never the same again, right? We become permanently changed, something inside of us clicks and makes us want more. How many people do you run into on a daily bases who could use a massive change in their loves? God has blessed us with that power, that power to show people his love. I am racking my brain, and I can't think of anything more powerful? You?

Lord, open our eyes and hearts to constantly be on the look out to show your love in every action that we make, let us embrace this gift of power you have given us. I pray we will use it to see a change in your people God, people will catch a glimpse of this love from the lives we live, and they will want more, and they will ask, and yearn for more of it. They will encounter it, and be changed.

When I think of Power I think of Authority. God releases Authority into our lives, and that authority for me personally was to crush the devil, to go out there, and just say enough is enough and I have the God given Authority to crush you under my toe. God has given me that power and Authority. I don't know where that fits in but I feel like God is moving my fingers over the keys and I guess that needed to be typed. Haha I believe that anyone who is in that position, and they cry out to God, he won't let you hanging, he will give you that Authority. Heck, shall I be so bold to say that when we give our lives to Christ, and surrender all, do we not receive that Authority at the point? I think that makes sense, after all, the same power that conquered the grave lives in me, and it lives in all of us.

Thoughts?

Accepting this power to show love, and going to use it,
Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment