Saturday, February 27, 2010

Waters cannot quench this love.

Habakkuk 1:5 ---

Look at the nations and watch—
and be utterly amazed.
For I am going to do something in your days
that you would not believe,
even if you were told.

Hey Readers, so tonight's blog is a part 2 of last nights, I did a lot of reading today and I found some stuff I want to add on. Ready for this?
So I was talking about being aligned with Fathers and Mothers in Christ. So a few things to touch on: Courage, Wisdom, Protection, and Our Hearts.

Frist of all: Serving another's vision. Think about this, sometimes we don't know where exactly God wants us to be in his army, in that case, serve someone who does know where they need to be. Think of Moses, one of the greatest leaders of the bible spent 40 years on the backside of a desert, shepherding someone else's sheep! I bet it was frustrating at times because I think it is probably safe to say that Moses knew deep in his gut that God had a call on his life for something greater. Thankfully for the people of Israel Moses learned how to be loyal. "Moses first had to be trustworthy and dependable with his father-in-law's sheep before he was given his own."
1 Peter 5:6-7 --
So be content with who you are, and don't put on airs. God's strong hand is on you, he'll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you.

Okay, so let's talk about some of the benefits of being covered, or aligned with Fathers and Mothers in Christ.
-Courage.
Courage is contagious. Let's face it, this is the generation that God is calling to be courageous. I was reading in the book 'Jesus Culture" again today and the example he used was Esther. She was covered by Mordecai who was a spiritual Father to her. He shared his courage with Esther, she learned from him, and with that went to the king, and ended up saving up thousands of her people. Courage was involved because in that day if you went to the king and he didn't want to talk to you, you would be killed. Definitely risky business, however because of the courage that was shared to Esther she went to the king despite knowing the possible outcome.
-Wisdom.
God is raising up a people in the earth who will display the wisdom of God! Young revivalists must be connected to fathers and mothers in order to receive greater understanding. "One of the main ways this inheritance of wisdom shows up is in the ability to learn from the mistakes and successes of our Father and Mothers. I see no reason why my children need to make the same mistakes I made to learn the same things I mastered. If they can connect with me, they can gain the things I assimilated without having to go through the same process. They will have to learn from their own mistakes, but those errors should teach them new things."
The following is another quote from the book Jesus Culture --- this a conversation between Bill Johnson and Banning Liebscher
"One day I asked him, "how did you figure out how to do the things you are doing that seem to work so well?" Without hesitation, he answered, "Because I've tried a lot of things that didn't work."
Wow! Why should we try all the things our father and mothers have tried only to find out what doesn't work? We can unite our lives with theirs and learn the things that do not work. We don't have time to waste trying to figure everything out on our own. There will be things we need to ascertain on our own, but let's get as much as we can from the older generation!
-Protection.
Once again, they have the experience, plus... well, think of it this way, "If it's raining and you don;t wish to get soaked, then jump under an umbrella." We have to fight our own battles but it much easier under covering of our father and mothers.

Okay, I am going to skip ahead because this story keeps penetrating me every time I think about it.
It's in second kings, chapter two. The story of Elijah and Elisha.

2 Kings 2:5-15 ---
5 The guild of prophets at Jericho came to Elisha and said, "Did you know that Godis going to take your master away from you today?"

"Yes," he said, "I know it. But keep it quiet."

6 Then Elijah said to Elisha, "Stay here. God has sent me on an errand to the Jordan."

Elisha said, "Not on your life! I'm not letting you out of my sight!" And so the two of them went their way together.

7 Meanwhile, fifty men from the guild of prophets gathered some distance away while the two of them stood at the Jordan.

8 Elijah took his cloak, rolled it up, and hit the water with it. The river divided and the two men walked through on dry land.

9 When they reached the other side, Elijah said to Elisha, "What can I do for you before I'm taken from you? Ask anything."

Elisha said, "Your life repeated in my life. I want to be a holy man just like you."

10 "That's a hard one!" said Elijah. "But if you're watching when I'm taken from you, you'll get what you've asked for. But only if you're watching."

11-14 And so it happened. They were walking along and talking. Suddenly a chariot and horses of fire came between them and Elijah went up in a whirlwind to heaven. Elisha saw it all and shouted, "My father, my father! You—the chariot and cavalry of Israel!" When he could no longer see anything, he grabbed his robe and ripped it to pieces. Then he picked up Elijah's cloak that had fallen from him, returned to the shore of the Jordan, and stood there. He took Elijah's cloak—all that was left of Elijah!—and hit the river with it, saying, "Now where is the God of Elijah? Where is he?"

When he struck the water, the river divided and Elisha walked through.

15 The guild of prophets from Jericho saw the whole thing from where they were standing. They said, "The spirit of Elijah lives in Elisha!" They welcomed and honored him.

That is illustrating everything I am trying to say. Elisha received A DOUBLE PORTION OF THE ANOINTING of Elijah. If the guy who was next in line had of received a double portion of Elisha's anointing, which was a double portion of Elijah's, then he could have walked in anointing four times greater than that of Elijah. Sadly he was unfaithful, and if you keep reading you'll find out he doesn't get it because of his "un-faithful-ness". But.. imagine if he had of, that is my dream, my vision! An anointing increasing from generation to generation, let's soak it up! Let's receive it!

Sorry for typing an encyclopaedia long blog, woooo, God is good,
Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment