Sunday, February 28, 2010

Power of Voice

Power of our prayers and words.

Just a small little thought tonight, kind of funny, kind of serious.
Sometimes we pray for little silly things, or maybe selfish things, just because deep down we really want something. Or maybe we aren't even that passionate about it, but we just think it would be neat to see it happen.
For example: Today I was watching the olympic Hockey game between Canada and US, just like every other living person who owns a television. I said out loud to my dad, wow, wouldn't it be funny if the US came back right now and scored, then we could go into overtime and the game would be more epic. He was angry that I would even think that. 30 seconds later, USA got a goal. Haha, I am in no way saying that that was because of my thought, at all, but just a thought.
We see this happening daily.
We will pray for maybe a day off school, and then we get a snow day. We get the day off like we wanted, but we are also stuck with a piles of snow that we didn't exactly crave or ask for.
It's kind of neat how God works, he is a comedian. After all, he created jokes and laughter.

So, just a minor thought, before you say something, or wish for something, or maybe even curse something(that's where it gets serious), take some time and think about the possible outcomes.


We need some light, first of all we need some light. You can't sit here in the dark, and alone... it's a sorry sight. It's just you and me, we'll live, you'll see. And when the night has finally gone, and when we see the new day dawn, we'll wonder how we wandered for so long so blind, the wasted world we thought we knew, the light will make it look brand new, so let it shine. Day after day, we'll find a will to find our way. Knowing that the darkening skies will someday see the sun. When our long night is done there will be light, there will be light. And we open up our lives, sons and daughters, husbands, wives, and fight that fight, there will be light. There will be light, there will be light, there will be light.

God,
Throw your passion on me to keep running, re-energize me, make this well inside me continuously overflowing with love for you, show me how much better everything you have to offer me is than anything this world has to offer. Over and over,
Colton.

No comments:

Post a Comment