Sunday, January 31, 2010

Surreal

Hey Guys, so I decided to continue with my journal, these entries were written the first three days of my mission in Los Angeles, the third entry is probably the most in depth and interesting, just throwing that out there. Reading back in my journal I realize I was exposed to so many of God's lessons and I hope that those are transparent as you read. SO, here it is.
P.S. All the pictures I have posted have been taken by Mark Niles, the mission leader while on the trip to Los Angeles.

Sunday, August 16th
I am staring outside my Dream Center window in L.A! I am amazed, it's wonderful. After a long day of travel, it is needless to say that I'm exhausted. When we got here it was really overwhelming, we all felt homesick, tired, and whatnot. This isn't a palace by any means, but we have enough, I have to remember this isn't a vacation, this is a mission, just like my life, I shouldn't be thinking I can just be lazy and slide through life, all the time I am in a mission, that's so cool! the schedule looks incredible, I'm pumped.
We went for a drive through Beverly Hills today, saw the Jonas brothers house, or should I say, gate. We bought a Star's house map, haha it is almost surreal. It's incredible how within such a small radius there is so much wealth and so much poverty all at the same time, I love seeing and learning and expanding what I know about the world. God, thank you so much for this trip. I want this trip to push me with God, and to push me to stand firm in my faith. I have so much praying to do. Rime for God, I miss being immersed in his Spirit.

Monday, August 17th.
Today, day off... sounds kind of funny, seeing as I just got here yesterday, but that's just how the schedule worked out. So, today we travelled through the California mountains. The only word I can think of is "beautiful." I am not in a room with a bunch of old men, Ha! They are Canadians, just like us, this will be fun.
I am praying God will really use me to change lives, that is my deep craving. I thank god for helping me with temptations and everything, I pray that that will never end. I want to stay mystified. I know I will always be, if I continue to stay and soak in his presence. If we love we cannot sin. god help me to bless others in everything I do, and bless me Lord, prepare me.


Tuesday, August 18th
So rewarding and encouraging and thought provoking!
We started our outreach for "hope for the Homeless" by making sandwiches and bag lunches to deliver to Venice Beach. These could be there only meals that they will have today. The director of the mission is a former gay prostitute/cross dresser, whom God delivered. His story is mesmerizing. He was months away form getting a sex change and then he went back to his home town, dressed as women, and went to his family church, God spoke deep into his soul at the perfect time.
Next we went to Venice beach and delivered the food and just loved the people there. Everyone has a story, everybody is somebody, they all deserve a life, you know? I was so pumped and then so scared and out of my comfort zone all at the same time. I pray that God will help me to connect to people through this trip and through life. I felt so out of place, it was so "cool". The time went by really fast I was pretty quiet but my mind was racing. These people were doing nothing with there lives - living for a high. What's Gods plan for them? The I thought, what's Gods plan for me? What if I screw up majorly and don't find a way. i know it's ridiculous talk, but I can't help it. This evening we went to a Dodgers game. They won, it was an hilarious experience, thank you god for blessing me with all of this. It's so unreal, but sadly so real, I go to Dodgers games and so many people live out of garbage cans, are they happy with that? This is my chance to do something, Praise you God for giving me this opportunity!
I need to have alone time with God while I'm here, that way it will prepare me for when I go home. God has done so much and he has never forsaken me, I am so overtaken with emotion. There is just so much I can work on, and I pray God will teach it to me and show me how to improve my walk. I love being immersed in his spirit.

Blessings,
Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment