Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fig Tree

Bonjourno Ladies and Gents, I trust your day was swell. I just am arriving home from a coffee house, or as we liked to call it, and "Iced Tea" house, I sang a song, and here I am bloggin away. Be patient with the following blurb, before you read it, stop! Pray that God will give you the eyes and heart to get what it is He wants you to get from this. Now, enjoy.

I want to use a story my Pastor spoke about this Sunday morning.

Jesus spoke of a fig tree, which was in a vineyard. Doesn't make sense right? It doesn't fit in. This is like us in this world. We are christians, surrounded by people who sometimes do not understand us, and we stand out, sometime for the good, or the bad. It depends on whether or not we are effective. This fig tree, didn't bear fruit, therefore it stood out in the vineyard as a "fig tree" which didn't produce any good, and people saw this. It was cursed, this is the only thing that Jesus cursed while being on earth. That is powerful. This defective tree, that Jesus cursed, could very well be "christians" who produce no good. Following?
Now, let's turn the tables, we can be fig trees that bloom with a product that the vineyard has never seen. The vineyard is used to their patterns, and their small views of things, yet when we are strong and mighty and prodcue great fruit they cannot help but be drawn in and love what they see. Make more sense? I like this metaphor a whole lot, and I'm not sure why. Jesus makes it so clear, check this out...

Galations 5:22-23 ----
But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.

I don't know about you, but when I see that I grin, big time. It is basically everything I want myself to be. Affectionate, excited, peaceful, ambitious and comitted, passionate, loving, and capable of blessing people. Life will be easy, everything is taken care of, perfectly.

Mmmmm. Sounds Good.
-Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment