Monday, April 5, 2010

Moving Ahead

I have two thoughts right now...
One) I was listening to this song tonight on the way home from a crappy rehearsal, and it felt like the words were coming out of my heart. I feel like the guy who wrote it, did so while examining how I feel. Insane.

Moving Forward - Israel Houghton. ---

What a moment
You have brought me to
Such a freedom I have found in You.
You're the healer
Who makes all things new
Yeah yeah

I'm not going back
I'm moving ahead
Here to declare to you
My past is over in You
All things are made new
Surrendered my life to Christ
I'm moving moving forward

You have risen
With all power in Your hands
You have given me
A second chance

Hallelujah hallelujah
Yeah, yeah, yeah
yeah, yeah, yeah

I'm not going back
I'm moving ahead
I'm here to declare to you
My past is over in you
All things are made new
Surrendered my life to Christ
I'm moving, moving forward

You make all things new
Yes
You make all things new
And I will follow You
Forward

Secondly, I want to tackle a pretty big subject tonight. Haha, and I am a little tired, so this could get good... Compliance.
This was kind of put on my heart this weekend, I felt the difference between, "100% surrendered, let's go for it, let's make a change", and "I like where things are, let's keep it like this."
Compliance is the act of conforming, meaning, finding a comfortable level of joy and peace and challenges that fit in with everything around you, and staying at that level. The fact is, eventually things change. I guess what I am trying to say is, don't waste time just fitting in, being prideful, or just going along with the flow. I find it so unhealthy.
God talks about taking this life in a serious way, numerous times in the bible He uses the metaphor of a race. A race where the runners run to win! To Win! You can't win by just hovering in a safety zone, you have to get on the track and run, challenges will come, you will get thirsty, you might feel a pain, but guess what? When you finish a lap, not only do you have this feeling of complete satisfaction, you also get rest, water, love, and more joy and peace then you felt before. With all this renewed strength, run more, run harder! The more you go, the more you grow, the more people you effect!

The thing is, this weekend I felt a shift in my heart, I felt like I let my pride go. I surrendered, and decided to run, already, I am feeling that sense I am 100% committed, success comes my way so much more, I have more people to talk to, I just am more able to see blessings fly in my direction, and God's presence in my life is that much more real and full of joy.
I feel like God is my coach in the race, standing there, handing me a water bottle after a lap, and He's there with posters being like "Yah Colton, You got this!", and dare I say it, I totally think that when my enemies try to get me out of this race God is totally there to show 'em who's boss - like a proud momma stickin' up for their "baby" haha, You get the picture. I am Moving Forward, and it never felt so good!

Come on, let's run, who's with me?
-Colton




1 comment:

  1. You know I'm with you! in it to win it definitely! ...for the long haul.

    ReplyDelete