Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yes, you love me.

Hey Folks! I am having a great night, morning started off rocky, I did not want to wake up, I wanted to just lay in bed and read. I didn't get my way, I rushed off to school in a buzz, and you know what, it wasn't horrible... well, let's not go there. However, tonight, amazing! Out of nowhere I have all this free time, and it feels good. I was just playing some music, when I felt the need to go read. I came across the following verses, it was exactly what was on my mind, like a massive revelation. Right before I read this I was having conversations with a few people about the future, yet again, wondering what was going to happen this summer, after High school, etc. So, before I blabber on more and ruin it, check this out...

Luke 12:25-34 (The Message)

25-28"Has anyone by fussing before the mirror ever gotten taller by so much as an inch? If fussing can't even do that, why fuss at all? Walk into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They don't fuss with their appearance—but have you ever seen color and design quite like it? The ten best-dressed men and women in the country look shabby alongside them. If God gives such attention to the wildflowers, most of them never even seen, don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you?

29-32"What I'm trying to do here is get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with getting so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Don't be afraid of missing out. You're my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself.

33-34"Be generous. Give to the poor. Get yourselves a bank that can't go bankrupt, a bank in heaven far from bankrobbers, safe from embezzlers, a bank you can bank on. It's obvious, isn't it? The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being.


-Pretend you and Jesus are sitting in Starbucks, and he's saying these words to you.

-Now pretend that you've come home and you're going over in your mind what Jesus said to you. What phrases draw you the most? What is Jesus trying to say directly to you? In order to do what Jesus said, what are you going to have to really trust for? - That He'll "do his best for you." - That by giving instead of getting, you'll still have everything you need. - That "God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions" are really enough. How do you feel about this? Respond to God about truly trusting Him for these practical, important matters. Be honest about what you are, and are not, and what you're ready to do. Sit quietly before God. Receive from him the idea that he is your treasure: "the place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being."

When I read that my mind was blown, it was like God slapped me across the face.. or it was more like "a tickle". Which ever way you look at it, it was so good. "Don't be afraid of missing out" Man, I said that tonight too, it's like I can't wait to do all these things in my life, and some times I get so pumped up for them that I start to worry that they won't happen, or I want to do it all, and I get discouraged because it might not happen. That is so foolish. I don't think I can say what I mean perfectly, so let me leave you with this song, read the words and then go listen to it. It is perfect.

Your love is Strong - Jon Foreman

Heavenly Father, you always amaze me
Let your kingdom come in my world and in my life
Give me the food I need to live through today
And forgive me as I forgive the people that wrong me
Lead me far from temptation
Deliver me from the evil one

I look out the window the birds are composing
Not a note is out of tune or out of place
I walk to the meadow and stare at the flowers
Better dressed than any girl on her wedding day

So why do I worry?
Why do I freak out?
God knows what I need
You know what I need

Your love is
Your love is
Your love is strong
Your love is
Your love is
Your love is strong
Your love is
Your love is
Your love is strong

The kingdom of the heavens is now advancing
Invade my heart, invade this broken town
The kingdom of the Heavens is buried treasure
Would you sell yourself to buy the one you've found?

Two things you told me
That you are strong
And you love me
Yes, you love me

Our God in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Above all names
Your kingdom come
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Give us today our daily bread
Forgive us weary sinners
Keep us far away from our vices
And deliver us from these prisons

-Colton

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful song. God's awesome...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke 12:25-28 actually means a lot to me. I dont even know why, but for some reason, i just like it, a lot. I guess it kinda makes me think, that if god does that for things barely seen, he would do anything for me. Kinda helps me with optimism i guess :)

    ReplyDelete