Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hi Yall.
So, would you pray for me? At the moment I am at the point where my body is crying for sleep. I guess I need help focusing on what I NEED to be focusing on. So some back up would be great... I apologize, maybe I picked a rough week to start going through Acts, I am scared I am going to butcher it due to exhaustion, however, here is Acts, chapter 2.

Acts 2:1-4 ---
When the Feast of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Without warning there was a sound like a strong wind, gale force—no one could tell where it came from. It filled the whole building. Then, like a wildfire, the Holy Spirit spread through their ranks, and they started speaking in a number of different languages as the Spirit prompted them.

Sounds like a party to me. The reason why I love Acts so much is because it is the beginning of what we are now. These are the first actions of disciples of Jesus, without Him being on earth with them, just like we are now. I find it encouraging, and to be honest we can learn a lot from what they did during these times. Listen, if we want success we should check out what these guys did, because trust me, they got it!

Acts 2:17-21 ---
"In the Last Days," God says,
"I will pour out my Spirit
on every kind of people:
Your sons will prophesy,
also your daughters;
Your young men will see visions,
your old men dream dreams.
When the time comes,
I'll pour out my Spirit
On those who serve me, men and women both,
and they'll prophesy.
I'll set wonders in the sky above
and signs on the earth below,
Blood and fire and billowing smoke,
the sun turning black and the moon blood-red,
Before the Day of the Lord arrives,
the Day tremendous and marvelous;
And whoever calls out for help
to me, God, will be saved."

I saw God before me for all time. Nothing can shake me; he's right by my side. I'm glad from inside out, ecstatic; I've pitched my tent in the land of hope. I know you'll never dump me in hades; I'll never even smell the stench of death. You've got my feet on the life path, with your face shining sun-joy all around.
-David.
I love that because the same God that did that for David did it for the disciples then, and for the disciples now, which we are, we have that same protection, love and joy surrounding us this instant. We have to seek it.

I love this chapter, it begins! This joy, this energy, this journey! They learned to be baptized in the Holy Spirit, to get out of and no longer conform to the sick culture that surrounded them and to live in harmony. Check out the last few verses.

Acts 2:43-47 ---

43-45Everyone around was in awe—all those wonders and signs done through the apostles! And all the believers lived in a wonderful harmony, holding everything in common. They sold whatever they owned and pooled their resources so that each person's need was met. They followed a daily discipline of worship in the Temple followed by meals at home, every meal a celebration, exuberant and joyful, as they praised God. People in general liked what they saw. Every day their number grew as God added those who were saved.


Eyes are glazing over,

Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment