Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

I just drove home, and hour and a half long, lyrics just kept coming to me head, and I just need to say, we are free.
As kids I don't think we realize what Easter is all about, and I think it takes a lot to comprehend.
Around this time of year we always hear, We Are Free. But what.. or how... or why... or who?

Get this, God's son, a Human, who has never sinned, He was perfect, everything we strive to be. He was beaten with a whip that had chunks of glass in it, so that the cuts would be deeper and more painful. He had thorns sticking into his skull, and Rusty nails jammed into his wrists and feet. Finally He was hung, naked, on a rough wooden cross. When he would breath against the cross he would get millions of splinters against His already torn apart back. A spear was jabbed between his already broken ribs. Eventually pain took over, He couldn't breath any longer, cold air storming against his wounds. And you know what this guy did? He didn't swear, or hate God, or hate all the people who were rejoicing over his death, and dancing that He was going to die, He wasn't angry with the people who begged the judge to put Him there. He simply said, "God, forgive them, they don't know what they are doing...." Finally God took Him.

See, I figure that Satan at this point had thought that "Yes, This guy who has been turning all the people against me, and who has been spreading love, joy, and peace across this earth is finally gone!" He was so wrong. Two days later He was back on earth, performing more miraculous signs and showing more love!

So, this is where we come in.... He went through that pain, torture, for us. See, it had to be the worst way to die because it had to cover all of our signs. And as we know, some of those are pretty bad. Before this people killed their perfect lamb on Passover(Easter) to cover all of their sins, as a sacrifice this way they wouldn't have to die. Well God, gave away his perfect son, PERFECT, so that all of His other children wouldn't have to die. Jesus, was so perfect, that he agreed to it, and now, we are free.

Free from death... Free to live. Man, I want to live, to live it all! To live for Him...

Jesus went through all of that for us, what will we do for Him?

Love came down and rescued me, Love came down and set me free, I am yours, I am forever yours,
Colton

2 comments: