Friday, April 9, 2010

It's a beautiful day.

Smile.
Look at all the good around you, if you stop for a minute. Stop. Breathe for a minute, and look. There is so much of it, you are incredibly blessed, and talented and incredibly beautiful. You are loved, constantly. Constantly. It's a beautiful day, don't let it slip away. There is gold inside of you, God put it there, so make today's goal that you will constantly be refining that gold to the purest it can be, let it radiate out of you. You are a force to be reckoned with. Smile.

I was just reading Banning's book, "Jesus Culture", something hit me that I want to talk about, all set?
If Jesus is pursuing us and knocking on our door, then our responsibility is to open it when He knocks. Revelation 3:20 says, "If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." We must position ourselves in such a way that when He knowcks, we open the door. His voice must be louder than all other voices in our lives. There can be no competition to the knock of Jesus. In fact, the more we encounter His love for us, the less anything else in our lives will have the strength to compare.
Wether it is your daily devotional time or throughout your busy day, the issue is this: Will you turn your attention and affection to Him? As important as having a daily time with God is, it's not the ultimate goal. The objective is to have the affections of your heart pointed in His direction no matter what is going on.
"The moment you look up and are in a place of affection with Jesus the Heavens are opened."

I think the main reason, for myself, of spending certain parts of scheduled day with God is to PREPARE me for the day, and to get me on track for the entire day ahead, where I keep my entire attention and affection on Him. It shouldn't just start and stop during morning prayer time, or evening reading time, it is constant, it is a "lifestyle", not a "10 minute of your day-style." My favorite parts of my day are when out of nowhere I just feel overwhlemed with God's presence, like driving somewhere, or in the middle of lunch break, or rehearsal, when all I can do is smile.
Smile!
It's a beautiful day!
Don't let it get away.

"Take time to determine the way you will live your life. But once you know the way you should go, let nothing distract you from your path." -Ellyn Sanna.

Falling Asleep Now,
Colton

1 comment:

  1. It was a beautiful day! :) haha i was outside earlier and the sun was setting, the sky was so pretty and then this thought hit me, that God created all of this! Im standing in a place that God made! It amazed me! I was in a field looking at all the trees and sky and clouds! Before I knew it, I was worshipping! I had my hands raised over my head and i was singing along with christian music coming from my I-Pod. It was the most amzing thing, and i knew God was there, taking it all in with me! It was a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete