Sunday, April 11, 2010

Joy never ending.

Hey There!
Well, I had an awesome day today, one of those, drive with the window down, drink iced tea with sunglasses on, be totally consumed with the love of God, be surrounded by people you love, and have FUN! Mm, His joy is my strength, My strength is the joy that I get from Him, and nothing can take that away, I find myself getting closer and closer to Him, and finding my soul being happier and happier with life, and also realizing more and more about what is going to happen in my life.

I am scared that this is going to be a lame post, however I was told today to share some of the stuff that I found in the book of Acts that I really liked, so here are some verses that I have highlighted (see what I did there) haha, I am a comedian! Anywho, it's another one of those tired nights, prepare for an entire week of them, wee hoo. Without further wait, here is some ACTS.

"Whereve they were scattered, they preached the message about Jesus. Many who could neither stand nor walk were healed that day. The evil spirits protested loudly as they were sent on their way. And what joy in the city!" - Acts 8

Haha, another one of my favorite parts is in Romans 13. Basically Jesus first disciples went from city to city until they were no longer welcome, or until God wanted them to leave, and then they went to the next town and continued to show signs and wonders, these men were incredible! So in this specific story, it says that paul and Baranbus were brutally kicked out of a city, and they simply "shrugged their shoulders and went on to the next town, brimming with joy and the Holy Spirit, two happy disciples." I don't know about you, but I want to be like that. Woo, I think this is why I lve the book of Acts so much. Complete joy, maybe it has something to do with the fact that Jesus is alive, and He is right now! We have the exact same reason to be that happy, what is stopping you from jumping up right now and just laughing yourself to complete peace with your personal lover? If there is something, it is definetely fixable on Gods behalf.

In the next city that they went to, Paul was beaten to almost dead and dragged out of town... get this, when he awoke from his "beating" he got back up and went back into the city witha smile on his face. (Acts 14) I feel that a blog bible study of the book of Acts is going to occur soon because I am rambling, and I KNOW that this book deserves so much more.

Who's up for it???? ME, me, pick me!
Okay, so it looks like you are up for it!
I will do my best. :)

Sleep tight my friends? Or I am guessing when you read this you will be waking up, in that case, smile, smile until your cheeks hurt! then massage them and smile more!

I love you,
Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment