Sunday, May 16, 2010

Catching Up

Howdy!

Happy Sunday. I should warn you, this blog is Catching up on a lot of things I've wanted to say but didn't have a chance. Hold on tight.

Well I work tonight from 5 to 11, so I thought I'd blog early while I still have some energy left in me!

I want to talk quickly about church this morning, it was a wicked service.
Basically we took the whole time praying for stuff that we thought needed to be prayed for, certain people were designated to different topics, there was music and videos thrown in there, and before I knew it it was One O'clock and the service was over.
Some of the topics we prayed for were government, education system, youth, children, families, healing, economy, summer programs, church, etc... stuff like that.
I guess it is hard to explain without You being there, but it felt refreshing.
Everyone had something on their heart, and that was unexpected.

I want to elaborate on a couple topics. My grandfather prayed for family, it was more so for parents but it really effected me. The basis of it was that parents jobs are to not provide for their kids, or to make sure that they have everything they want, it is to make sure that there are rooted on the right path. With that, no matter what happens to them, or if they get knocked down they will always come back to the right path. I thought that was so true, and it holds true in my life. So if you are a parent and You read this, I hope you enjoy. Make that your first priority, to guide your children on the right path, nothing else matters. We, as kids, really appreciate that.

Another topic, Government.
My pastors wife spoke on this and it also really got to me. I'm sure some of you are aware of what went on in Government this week, basically there was a bashing of Christianity and not only was there no respect in the situation but, the man who said that "The return of Jesus" was basically a joke, refused to apologize. My pastors wife basically spoke about how one voice doesn't make a difference by itself but with many voices we can see a change and you should not sit back and let something that you believe in be made fun of. I think this holds true with everything, it's kind of funny actually we have been talking a lot lately about rights and freedoms in Political Science and recently a lot of testing has been going on in that area. Before I forget to mention it, while she was praying, O Canada was being played on the piano in the background, and for the first time, I think it hit me about how blessed we are to be such a free Country, so let's keep it that way, and not be mocked in a legislative assembly. Sounds good? Haha

WOAH! It just dawned on me, Friday Night I said I would elaborate on dating? I realize this is a lot to read, You up for it?
So.. call me crazy, but... "Why date but a potential mate?"
Sometimes I'll say this and people will look at me as if I am insane.
"For fun" "To learn" "We're in High-school, what else are you supposed to do?"

-Here are my thoughts:
In the book Isaiah it says that God knows the end of situation, from its beginning. Which makes me think it is obvious that He has someone specifically chosen for me already. I don't know about you, but I know God as someone who is pretty good at taking care of things, so why worry about it? Here is a thought, I know I will be ready to get married when I can love myself for who I am, and love God with all that I am. Think of it this way, and I LOVE this... God is going to give me one of His daughters to marry someday. He is their dad, He is going to make sure that I am perfectly ready before he hands her over to me. He is one of those protective Fathers and He doesn't want any of His children to be hurt. Make sense?
I guess what I am saying is He will prepare, and He knows when we are ready, so there is no need for us to rush it.
When we date we need to be able to focus on what we are supposed to focus on. If we loose focus even a Godly mate can become and idol and a distraction, thats why I decided not to spend my time looking for the girl of my dreams, I think that is going to require the assistance and direction of God.
You know what is exciting? God made us, and He knows us perfectly! So when he put together our future mate He made sure they were perfect for us. That is exciting! Perfect Love.
Perfect Love, there is no fear in Love...

1 John 4:18 --- There is no fear in love; instead, perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment, so the one who fears has not reached perfection in love.

And that is how You know perfect love. :)

----

I am going to say what is on my mind for a minute, sometimes we feel like failures, recently that is all I've been feeling, especially with this blog, and I think it is perfectly okay to say that we feel crumby. So here I am, I feel crumby. I think what it is is that I feel like God has given me so much and I feel trapped, I don't know how to use it, I feel like I am getting worse are writing my thoughts down on this blog. I am staying faithful because a part of me is hoping that this just a test and I will come out on the other side that much stronger. Another part of me wants to move away and seek opportunities that seem to be calling me, and another part of me feels like I am a "quit-er". Hmmm. I think my prayer is to be stirred up, for mountains to move, and to be still standing there when they are.

Thoughts? Ideas?

You are beautiful, know that!
-Colton

2 comments:

  1. I agree with that whole Perfect Love thing. I don't feel you need to worry about how you're getting your feelings written down. Just say what you need/want to say. After all, it's your Blog, right? :) All I have to say is, "all in good time." (does that make since to you?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colton... love for you to post the dating section on the Gen 429 site! Good stuff! :-)

    ReplyDelete