Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 3 - Enjoy the Silence

Isaiah 6:1-8 ---

1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another:
"Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory."

4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

5 "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."

6 Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"


Hey Folks! Well, it's that time again! I read this this morning and had some cool thoughts so lend me your ears, or eyes in this case.

Check it out, we live in a world where we are basically brought up to worry about ourselves. All the time, it is always about "Me." Am I right, or am I right? "Love me, laugh at me, look at me, notice me." Yet somehow, "Send me" isn't one of the "me" phrases that we usually are concerned with. So, take a look at yourself. What "Me" phrases are controlling your life, and are they from God? Or is it more so brought on by your culture, friends, family? At this point take some time to journal what you're thinking... I wrote down that for me, I am consumed with the though, "Why me?" or "Why am I here...?"

Read those verses again. This time, check out all the incredible things Isaiah is saying about God in his vision. This God was high, enthroned, lifted up, mighty and holy. When Isaiah say god in this vision his first thought wasn't "Why me?" or "Woe is me." It was "SEND ME!!!"

Take another look at yourself, check out what "Me" thoughts are slowing you down on the Highway of God's call for you. "Maybe the way to freedom, is to change your "Me" focus to a God focus."

Okay, read it one more time. This time, examine all the "me" phrases stalling and stopping you, as well as the ones that are driving you. Try this fill in the blank, for me it was the word "why"... "What would it mean for you today to move from, ______ me, to "Send me"?

Now journal... the only thing I want to share about what I wrote, was my last line.. "Send me, I will go."

Simple words. Real Challenges. A huge vision.

-Colton


1 comment:

  1. The enemy tries to divert the focus to ourselves where it hinders us from receiving what it is God is wanting/ or calling of us. I simply agree w/ you. I believe that being a Christian is all about denying our own self and following Christ by choosing to Love Him. ..Amen.

    ReplyDelete