Sunday, May 2, 2010

I think it's good.

Hey.
So, last night after I clicked "Publish Post" a thought swept over me for tonight's blog. I am going to attempt to write out the synopsis, and what I thought of a play that had a massive effect on me from Drama fest. The play was actually directed by my room mate, and I saw it in rehearsals, but it didn't hit me until I saw it on stage. Then I was moved, as was everyone who saw it, Christians, people who never heard of God before, there was something about it... Haha, it was good.

The play starts and there are three professors on stage, they are discussing how big of a deal this presentation is going to be for the student giving it. Eventually the student comes in, His thesis - He created the heavens and the earth. After conversation between the student and His professors, which included cows, sex, and the beauty of feet, the student presented two of His creations, human beings. The two were average common people In fact the woman, named Edna, was told by her hair-dresser that she was one of the most common people that gets their hair cut! Edna's husband is a beer drinker, loves his beer, he got replaced at his work with a computer chip, he is a little bitter. They aren't overly happy, and their son was just named leader of His drug rehab group, which is good! You get the picture, the student is sweating with nerves, we find out that these two aren't the creations the student wanted to display, they just happened to be house sitting. The professors are taking all of this in, one of them is extremely interested in their capacity to love, however they discuss much of the faults in the project, the student replies with "I knew I shouldn't of slacked off on the seventh day." Dialogue continues, and I continue laughing.
The audience continues to hear stories from the two creations. It turns out they have been through a lot of really rough things, they end up having a conversation with the student, asking Him why they ended up in the position they are now, broke, loaded with bills, not overly happy, their kids have problems, they feel like they are at the end of the rope. The student says, I don't understand, I gave you the ingredients for paradise! That hit me hard, so true. So true. Paradise is at our fingertips. Anyway, I will continue, I am leaving a lot out, but hopefully you get the point. Eventually it is time for the professors to come up with a grade for the student, we find out He is going for his MU (Master of the Universe degree.) The professors come back, and deliver the grade. C+, the student is devastated, and the humans are ticked, throughout conversation their eyes were opened and they too believe "it is at least worth a B". We find out that the mark is final, the professors exit the room, the humans apologize and ask not to go to Hell because of this, the student promises that won't happen. They are sent back to earth, and there is the student, all by himself, He picks up His globe, looks at with a sbroken heart, and with a simple slight loving smile he says, "I think it's good." Lights out.
The audience went wild, people were CRYING! Hahah, I was so proud of my friends, and I was actually moved by it.

I think what really got me was the Character of God. It is a side that I NEVER think about, and it's okay you don't have to agree with the fact that this is a true story, it's probably not! Haha, but think about it for a second, I love this side of His character, the dissapointment, the loss, the feeling of "I gave you everything, what else do you want." It is so pure and that is what made my sink in my seat. Sometimes we only see God on a thrown, strong and mighty. You know what, we were made in his image, He has feelings, every single kind of feeling. That makes me smile, straight up smile.

You know what, after I saw that, I wanted to act, I wanted to increase my level of acting, I want to effect people, in the same sense that that play effected me. To be honest, the last couple weeks I was tired of God, just wiped out, that thought of that play just tied my heart in a knot, and who knows, it was probably at the perfect time. I am here, and ready to be rested, and I'm yours. Restore me.

Gosh, I think it's good. Haha, He thinks we are good! We are good! This world is good!
-Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment