Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 2 - Enjoy the Silence

Jeremiah 31:16-25

16 This is what the LORD says:
"Restrain your voice from weeping
and your eyes from tears,
for your work will be rewarded,"
declares the LORD.
"They will return from the land of the enemy.

17 So there is hope for your future,"
declares the LORD.
"Your children will return to their own land.

18 "I have surely heard Ephraim's moaning:
'You disciplined me like an unruly calf,
and I have been disciplined.
Restore me, and I will return,
because you are the LORD my God.

19 After I strayed,
I repented;
after I came to understand,
I beat my breast.
I was ashamed and humiliated
because I bore the disgrace of my youth.'

20 Is not Ephraim my dear son,
the child in whom I delight?
Though I often speak against him,
I still remember him.
Therefore my heart yearns for him;
I have great compassion for him,"
declares the LORD.

21 "Set up road signs;
put up guideposts.
Take note of the highway,
the road that you take.
Return, O Virgin Israel,
return to your towns.

22 How long will you wander,
O unfaithful daughter?
The LORD will create a new thing on earth—
a woman will surround
a man."

23 This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: "When I bring them back from captivity, the people in the land of Judah and in its towns will once again use these words: 'The LORD bless you, O righteous dwelling, O sacred mountain.' 24People will live together in Judah and all its towns—farmers and those who move about with their flocks. 25 I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint."

(This is the NIV version, I encourage you to check out the message version!)

Hey guys!

So today is just a quick thought, read above a few times, practicing the method of taking the time to let your thought take over. A big important thing to do is pray before hand to ask God to show you something, that these words will stick with you, they will stir thought, and prepare you for what is going to happen.

Now, check this out. You are travelling on a road, we all are. We all have our own specific road, and with any road there are signs and lights guiding out way, or giving us directions. What are the signs on your road saying? Is it a warning? An affirmation? Picture them. What do you see? Now, the big question, who put those signs there? Are they from God? Yourself? Other people? So, this is what it boils down to... where is the road headed? And is God there with you, or are you alone?

When I did this, this morning I had a vision. I think my road is like a highway, with a high speed limit. Almost like you can't go lower than 100 km/h. Some signs are telling me that I am going too fast. I also say that on this highway there are many God given exits, perhaps second chances? Retreats? Chances to get away form the speed? However, these are just a few of my thoughts that I journaled.

Okay, your turn, spend at least ten minutes in the silence, journal. Enjoy it.

Be still, and rest in God.

-Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment