Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 5 - Enjoy the Silence

Psalm 23 ---

1-3 God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word,
you let me catch my breath
and send me in the right direction.

4 Even when the way goes through
Death Valley,
I'm not afraid
when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd's crook
makes me feel secure.

5 You serve me a six-course dinner
right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
my cup brims with blessing.

6 Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of
God
for the rest of my life.

Yo yo yo!
How is everybody? Smile. Sometimes when you smile, it sticks with you, and actually ends up lifting everything right up...
ANYWAY, Day 5. I like Psalms, I like them a lot! It's just poems about worshipping God, throughout everything in our life. They are empowering.
So, use this Psalm to empower your mind, I was reading in this book this morning, and this part really got to me. Breathe in slowly as you consider each word and pray. Think about how each gift of the Shepherd plays out in your life.

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. - SUPPLY
He makes me lie down in green pastures, - REST
He leads me beside quiet waters, - REFRESHMENT
He restores my soul. - HEALING
He guides me in paths of righteousness - GUIDANCE
for His name's sake. - PURPOSE
Even though I walk through death, - CHALLENGE
I will fear no evil, - ASSURANCE
for You are with me; - FAITHFULNESS
Your rod and staff, they comfort me. - COMFORT
My cup overflows. - ABUNDANCE
Love will follow me all the days of my life. - BLESSING
I will dwell in the house of God forever. - SECURITY

Journal your thoughts and reflections.
I wrote... "This is everything I need. You're good."

Think back to when you had your first spark with God, go back to that, visit that. Fan the flame. Don't let it go out.
-Colton

1 comment: