Thursday, May 20, 2010

He won't stop pouring out His Love.

Hey!
I am super excited for this!
As I am sure you are aware, I have been feeling a little "out of it" lately, but I feel like God wants to use me, that He is stirring something up inside of me. I don't know why this exact moment, or for what reasons but I am ready!
Tomorrow is Friday, which means Youth group. I have a such a heart for that small group of kids, and I want to see them so in depth with God. So, I came home tonight and Mom said that the youth wanted me to speak tomorrow night. At first I thought, okay that's odd... then she proceeded to tell me that the kids want to hear about The Holy Spirit.
Well! Let me tell you, it was like a light bulb combusted in my skull!
I don't know yet exactly how to organize my thoughts but it is definitely something that my heart is needing. A talk about the Holy Spirit, these kids need another encounter, a refreshing energy. One of my favourite verses, and there is no doubt that I have used it before, is the following...

Acts 1:7-8 ---
7-8He told them, "You don't get to know the time. Timing is the Father's business. What you'll get is the Holy Spirit. And when the Holy Spirit comes on you, you will be able to be my witnesses in Jerusalem, all over Judea and Samaria, even to the ends of the world."

I love this verse for SO many reasons!
1) It is talking about the power that the Holy Spirit holds. The ability that is bestows!
2) It says that WHEN the Holy Spirit comes on you... WHEN! This makes me think, it is completely foolish to think that we are capable of doing anything for God without being lead.
"Where you Go I Go - What You say, I Say", it's not where I want to go, I go, what I think, I say...
So WHEN the Holy Spirit comes over us, THEN we will be capable of all these great works. I don't know about you, but that is all I want to be doing with my life. So I need that, constantly to keep me going, it is vital in my day to day encounters.

Okay, one prayer request. Well, a few. I pray that the kids won't think they can only feel the presence of God and be blessed and touched when the lights are dimmed, there is music playing, and people are praying. I want them to know that God works anywhere and everywhere.

I have so many more thoughts and I know God is going to do something good. Pray. Pray hard, please? I will be sure to fill you in.


We Want You Tonight.
-Colton


P.S. -- This message wouldn't send on FB to the Youth, so here it is guys...
Yo!
Tomorrow I am going to talk about The Holy Spirit, it is going to be a big night, and we should start praying about it now! I heard some of you want to feel a Feb. 12 night again... if so come on out, but I want to warn you, you don't need dim lights, and Jesus culture DVD's for the Holy Spirit to show up. PRAY! I am ready and need this, are you? I love you guys. -Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment