Sunday, May 23, 2010

Enjoy the Silence

I don't have to wait to go to Heaven when I die, I can go right now.

Hey folks,
so I want to apologize, I didn't get to blog last night I was out of town to see some friends, however I am back and at it tonight. So what do you think of that first line? It's from a song by Jake Hamilton, check him out. What I think that line is saying, is that we can Encounter God, and all his "incredible awesome-ness" daily, here on earth. Which ties in perfectly to what I want to talk about for the next thirty days. Enjoying the silence.

1 Kings 19:11-12 ---
The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by."
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.
God was in that whisper.

So, I bought I new book yesterday, called, yes you guessed it, "Enjoy the silence." It's cool because my devotion book is somewhat like this book, it is based on the "lectio divinia" method, which stands for divine reading. The goal is basically to tune into a deeper level of reading, understanding, and hearing God speak to us. It's like what I was talking about with The Holy Spirit, we need Him in order to do anything worth doing. If we are going to do this Christian thing, let's do it right, and on a higher level, let's get closer, and closer, none of this mediocre stuff!! Your ready? ":)

So, we need to commit, what I am thinking is I am write on here, for the next thirty days a little devotion based on what I read that day in this book to help us tap into that place where it is just us, and the big man himself. I honestly think this is cool and we will see results in a big way. So let's do it. Let's commit. I am thinking it will be set up like a scripture, you read it over at least three times and then eventually one word, or phrase really sticks out to you, you pray about, study it, seek it out. I feel like it won't make sense until we read the first one. So come back tomorrow for Day One!


I don't want to wake up dry, to make it through lost and confused. No, I don't want to survive. I want to live. You, you are life. You, you satisfy, you are more then just a fantasy of faith, you are everything, you are life re-defined.
-Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment