Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Infectious.

Hey Hey, it's FAAATTT Colton.
Not really, but Albert isn't even close to my name.
How are you?

Today was a good day, I had a bio test that I feel confident about, and I have school work under control, I think, so I am pleased.
Tonight I want to look at the book of Philippians. I am not going to put it all on here, but basically the extended passage of what I am going to talk about it Philippians 1:12-30. So check that out in the near future. As for right now, take a look at this...
Philippians 1:18-21 ---

So how am I to respond? I've decided that I really don't care about their motives, whether mixed, bad, or indifferent. Every time one of them opens his mouth, Christ is proclaimed, so I just cheer them on!

And I'm going to keep that celebration going because I know how it's going to turn out. Through your faithful prayers and the generous response of the Spirit of Jesus, everything he wants to do in and through me will be done. I can hardly wait to continue on my course. I don't expect to be embarrassed in the least. On the contrary, everything happening to me in this jail only serves to make Christ more accurately known, regardless of whether I live or die. They didn't shut me up; they gave me a pulpit! Alive, I'm Christ's messenger; dead, I'm his bounty. Life versus even more life! I can't loose.

- Now, I Love this! Basically this Paul was in a terrible situation, kind of like house arrest, just not nearly as glamorous as today, it was rough... and He is celebrating! This is his most joyous letter and the happiness is infectious. I think I love this so much because no matter how poor we think we have it, or how terrible our situations are, we can't really top this. Paul knew He was going to be killed and He was rejoicing. My favourite line is in bold. "I can't loose" We can't loose. It isn't possible, and that is inspiring. Now, I urge you to read this entire passage and be inspired and drawn to the infectious happiness that Paul possesses.


"I can hardly wait to continue on my course!"

-Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment