Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mommy Day

Hi Folks.
Well today was the third night of my show, but more importantly it is Mothers Day.

I have had a swell day! I woke up at 10:30 and managed to get to church for 11. It was awesome, big crowd, guest speaker, great tunes. The guest speaker was a woman from South Africa, and she was talking about what being a Mother was like from a Mother's perspective.
All in all, it was one of those feel good moments, my life seems to have more and more of those lately! In closing she played the following lyrics....

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up: To more than I can be.

Nothing like some Josh Grobban to make you smile. My favourite line out of all of that is " Then I am still and wait here in the silence. Until you come and sit awhile with me." What is better than sitting awhile with God when you are weary, or feeling burdened, stressed, etc. Then feeling that hope, that power, authority, and capacity to handle anything that comes your way, to stand on mountains of daily strife, walk on stormy seas of stress. Nothing is better as getting on Dads shoulders and feeling on top of the world. Go try.
So, this afternoon I was attempting some homework before the show and the song fling wide started playing by Misty Edwards...

Take me through the fire
Take me through the rain
Take me through the testing
I’ll do anything
Test me try me prove me refine me
Like to gold, like to gold

Have a straight up FANTASTIC day.
-Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment