Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Even While I Wait

"Mitch, can I tell you the thing I'm learning most with this disease?"
What's that?
"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in."
His voice dropped to a whisper. "Let it come in. We think we don't deserve love, we think if we let it in we'll become too soft. But a wise man named Levine said it right. he said, 'Love is the only rational act.' "
He repeated it carefully, pausing for effect. " 'Love is the only rational act.' "

Hey!
So I was on the way to bed and I remembered I didn't finish this post.
Well, let me tell you, today was beyond relaxing. I go to school, it was a fairly chill day, I come home, sit outside in the sun and read more of Tuesdays with Morrie - the quote above explains that. - Also, I had a voice lesson then when I got home I checked my e-mail and the cast list for Grease was up, I got the role of Danny Zuko, which I am ecstatic about.
So... today was one of those days where I just feel God's blessings overflowing. Also, tomorrow I am not going to school because it is my moms graduation, she is graduating with her Masters, which I am so excited for, and proud of her for.
I feel like there isn't a lot to say, I am at peace in waiting. Waiting for God to come sweep me up, I know that it is coming because I need it, so while I wait...
WOAH! Idea --- check out these lyrics by John Waller.
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait


I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting

Yes, I realize that the opening excerpt from the book, and the lyrics, and my little blurb, really don't have a connection. Well, now you know how my mind works, take from it what you will. My prayer is that it clicked,or inspired, or blessed you in someway. While I am waiting, I am looking for ways to serve.

I don't know what else to do. Yet, maybe that is the point?
-Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment