Sunday, January 17, 2010

Anointed.

He put this song of Praise in my heart.

1 John 2:26 ---
I've written to warn you about those who are trying to deceive you. But they're no match for what is embedded deeply within you—Christ's anointing, no less! You don't need any of their so-called teaching. Christ's anointing teaches you the truth on everything you need to know about yourself and him, uncontaminated by a single lie. Live deeply in what you were taught.

All day I have been thinking about anointing. How we as Christians all are anointed in a specific area. And once we find out what that anointing is, then we now what god's will is for us, we realize why his anointing is over us. Like that verse, people, temptation, Satan, they are all deceivers that are trying to tell us what to do, but this passion, this love, this energy, this "anointing" that is bubbling up inside of me, and inside of you defeats that! Completely! And sets on straight on the path that god has made for us. WOOO.

I love the part of that verse where it says that his anointing is everything we need to know about ourselves, and about him. I know for the past four years of my life I have been searching through just about everything trying to find who I am and who I am supposed to be, but now I have found it, I have found it in him! I know who I am, who he has called me to be, and that truly is an unbelievably peaceful feeling that causes overflowing joy. Nothing can rob me of that! And it is absolutely the same for you! So many people, teens, adults, have such a difficult time finding their identity, finding who they are, what they are meant to be doing in this world. Ask God and find out, turn to him for the answers, he'll show you. Stop looking in all the wrong places, it is here. In him.

Let's live deeply, in his anointing. Without any lies, all truth; The true us, the true God, in love.


Anointed and excited,
Colton.

2 comments: