Thursday, January 28, 2010

When You're in Love





O God, I have tasted thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need for further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Almighty God, I want to want Thee; I lone to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, so that may know Thee indeed. begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away with me." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered.

When you are truly in love, you go to great lengths to be with the one you love. You'll drive for hours to be together. Walking in the rain isn't annoying, it's romantic. When you're apart from each other it's miserable and painful. That person is all you think about, you jump at any chance to be together. Is that God, for you?

You know, I have been reading this crazy love book again, and I also love love. I want it, I crave it, I LOVE it, and that is what god wants - to crave a relationship with him. That is what brings him glory, when believers desire Him, and don't serve him because they feel obligated.

When we love, we are free. We don't have to worry about a burdensome load of commands, because when we are loving, we can't sin.

Psalms 63:1-5 ---
O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.

Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.

I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.

My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.


Get this, I need God to help me love God. So, if I am to love human beings, who are far from the perfection that God holds, then I definitely need his help to love. Look at this cycle: Our prayers for more lover result in love, which naturally causes us to pray more, which results in more love. Haha, think of this, you wouldn't go for a run while eating a box of twinkies. It would be near impossible, you would have to stop running in order to eat the box of Twinkies. In the same way we have to stop loving and pursuing Christ in order to sin, and isn't that our goal? As long as we are running, we are safe.

Jesus said that in this world we will have trouble, but he has overcome the world, so take heart! He has overcome the world, so let's fight the good fight, pray continuously, and not grow weary. There is nothing better than giving up everything and stepping into a passionate love relationship with God.

------- All this can be found in the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. -------


Sleepy, and going to California in seven days(wee-hoo),

Colton


No comments:

Post a Comment