Saturday, January 9, 2010

Submitted

Come near to God and he will come near to you.
I open my old Bible tonight, and I come to the end of the book of James, and in the margin, in my own grade five handwriting, is that line... "Come near to God and He will come near to you."
I scan James, that line actually comes from chapter five, verse eight.
The whole thing goes like this.
James 5:7-8 ---
Submit yourselves to God. Resist the Devil and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands you sinners, and purify your hearts.

Okay, so in these two lines there is so much power!
One) A direction - "Submit yourselves to God" - for obvious reasons. Like I said last night, when we totally commit and submit ourselves to God, no one can say that we are hypocritical, and people will then accept what we have to offer. Also, when we are totally in tune with God, by submitting yourself to him, you can then hear his voice and follow the path he has for you. As well, when we submit to God completely, nothing, I repeat -- NOTHING can destroy, which leads into the next part.
Two) Resist the Devil and he will flee from you. Isn't that a sweet relief? To know, that when we are committed to our God, and we learn to totally resist Satan he will have no choice to run from us? That is the power that we can possess when we find that inner strength.
And then comes my hand-written note.
Three) Come near to God and he will come near to you. It's simplicity, it's perfect. It is a promise of God that is so comforting, and holds true in any situation, wether we are daily seeking our Father's never ending love, or we are needing a refresher from a long hard time in our life. If we make the effort to come to our God and humble ourselves, he will surely come to us. It's like my Mom always told me... "Meet God half way" That's what this reminds me of.

Well Blog Readers, I hoped I have blessed you tonight with that verse that somewhat slapped me in the face, thought I'd share. Blessings.

Submitted,
Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment