Saturday, January 9, 2010

"A Simple Guide to Behaviour"

When I opened my bible tonight this is the title I come to, it's Matthew chapter seven. I look closer. The one line on the page that I have underlined is this, "It was apparent that he was living everything he was saying." If you read the whole paragraph is says this...
Matthew 7:28-29 ---
"When Jesus concluded his address, the crowd burst into applause. They had never heard teaching like this. It was apparent that he was living everything he was saying—quite a contrast to their religion teachers! This was the best teaching they had ever heard."
Do you ever feel like, "one of there religion teachers"? As if you know everything to do, you tell others when they are doing wrong or right, you try to tell people about God, and teach his grace, yet you go and live a life of hypocrisy. You know what sucks? Sometimes I do that! In my mind, it's like any other sin or temptation, you slip into it, gossip, sex, alcohol or... you know what, I'm not naming off sins, that's a waste of time, but you get the point. But look at this...

When Jesus finished his teaching, the crowd broke into applause, meaning they accepted it... they learned something. I know another thing for me is, I try to shine the light of god but sometimes feel like no one around me is getting it... well DUH! It makes sense now, I wouldn't listen to a teacher who taught me something and then went and did the opposite, it doesn't make sense.
This was the best teaching they had ever heard.
Think of the success that we as evangelists would encounter if we made that extra effort to be more like Jesus, to live by everything we teach. I shouldn't say we, I should say I. My friends, people around me... accepting God's love, his never ending love, and mercy. Wow.

You know what? Sometimes I feel like I'm writing these blogs, and I convince myself that absolutely no one is ever going to think this is useful, or they already knew that, or I'm just ranting. However, right now, I kind of clicked on to something, I put the pieces together, I am seeing why sometimes we as, revivalists, don't see a change or a growth that we wish we would, we have to live it. Just live it.

A line from a song long ago went like this "I want to be mistaken for Jesus, I need to be mistaken for you." I always thought that was kind of, wrong? Like "You will never be like Jesus, he is one of a kind." But now I know what the song writer meant. And it's true, and now this is my goal. I will let you know how it goes :).

Thanks readers for bearing with my self discovery over this topic. I promise, my next post won't be as.. well... "all over the place."


Forever in love,
Colton.

No comments:

Post a Comment