Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Scream

You know what?
I just wrote a whole blog, and then erased it, realizing how much of an idiot I am.
See, I had a rough day, let's be honest. When I re-read my blog, I was just nagging on God for how worthless I was an how disappointed I was in myself. And you know what? He slapped me upside the face!

I went for a drive to my voice lesson, and on the way I was upset about something, and I asked God why. Why was I so tired today? Why did I waste so much time on the computer? Why did I spend my time thinking about stupid wordly things, like what people think of me, or how insecure I am? And God Stopped me, he said scream. I was taken back.
"What?"
"Scream"
"I'll look like an idiot."
"Scream"

I did scream, and as I did, the Holy Spirit came over me and I let everything out. I don't know why but today out of nowhere all of these terrible worries were thrust upon me, and I had a horrible attitude towards people who annoyed me, and I was the complete opposite of who God made me. It was so frustrating, and in that scream, I just felt like I let it all out, and there I was with God, in stillness and simplicity.
And I smiled. Simple, all of a sudden, it didn't matter what people thought of me, or how good or bad I was at things, or how much money I had. It was gone. And there are so many verses in the bible of God speaking to us about not worrying or keeping our emotions in or stored about about this earth, because in the end it will dissolve to dust. Where will those things be then?

So, hey bloggers, I had a rough day, and I can admit it, but I know God used me anyway, he always does, and no matter how useless I feel this blog is, and discouraged I feel, I pray that you got something from it. Enjoy, and may your day be blessed.

Screaming and Listening,
Colton

1 comment:

  1. Hey Colton
    I think your blogs are awesome, there's honesty and truth in every one of them, and I'm sure a lot of people can relate (i know i can) and be encouraged by it. And it's just so good to know about what God's doing in other people's lives sometimes... so be bold, keep your head high and scream as much as you need to.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete