Sunday, January 24, 2010

Can't hold my love back from you.

All of tonight's church service I was thinking... "I need to write these thoughts down to share them on my blog." Of course, now that I'm home and ready to write I can't remember all of them.

First thing's first.
There is this simplicity of God's presence, that no matter what, when I come near to him, I am lifted up and filled with a joy that absolutely forces me to smile and laugh and sing. Every time! Wether it be at night falling asleep, by myself driving in a car, in the middle of a class, or at a service, his love never fails. I was standing in church tonight just worshipping God and just thinking about how wonderful his promises are and how he will never let us down, ever!

He put us on this earth to praise him, to bless his name, and I feel like I have to do that with the rest of my life, otherwise I will not being doing what I love to do, I will not be filled with this joy that I feel is all I need. Which leads me into what God was telling me a couple nights ago while driving home from work.

There was a point in the worship service tonight where Mom stopped leading worship and was talking about God's love and his never ending mercy, and how no matter how many times we feel we screw up, he will always take us back, he does not remember our wrongs, and keeps no records of our sins. She was talking about how God doesn't care about that, he let's that go and continues to further us into maturity with him. I was touched by that.

So, back to the conversation in the car, which I promised I would share. Lately I have been thinking a lot about my future, my teachers have been pushing me to take workshops and go into the performing arts, that I would be crazy not to try it. However, for some reason, I feel so compelled to be a revivalist for God. To show people his love and pray for people and lead people in worshipping him. In this conversation god just made it clear to me how I could never survive without the joy he has given me, and I realize I get that indestructible joy by praising him. I feel like that holds true for a lot of people! I just feel so secure when I'm worshipping him, that it is what I am called to be doing. With that, so much grows, and matures. I want that, I crave that.

Singing my love,
Colton

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I do believe, you come to a point of realization that we need our God. And we become passionate about knowing him further. We begin to hunger that, more than anything and anyone else. Nothing else begins to matter... but Him!

    Reminds me of job 14:16,17
    "God doesn't care about that, he let's that go and continues to further us into maturity with him." (16 Then you will count my steps,
    but you will not keep track of my sin.)

    "no matter how many times we feel we screw up, he will always take us back, he does not remember our wrongs, and keeps no records of our sins. " (17 My wrongs will be closed up in a bag, and you will cover up my sin.)

    (Just thought that verse went rather nicely w/ what you wrote.)

    ReplyDelete