Friday, January 29, 2010

Revivalists



"Radical, fervent, healing revivalists, called to impact cultures for the Kingdom of God, are being called to rehabilitate the land. As a part of the new breed, you must pay attention to the dreams in your heart because they are meaningful to God. Don't downplay the desires of your heart. God will use them to place you in society as an agent of restoration."
- Jesus Culture, By: Banning Liebscher

This morning I spent a good amount of time reading this book, and reading my journal from when I was in L.A. I was supposed to be speaking at my churches youth group tonight, but it got cancelled because of the snow, which kind of sucks, I was looking forward to it, but God knows what is best, always.

You know when I read that passage in this book today I was really touched, lately I have been thinking about certain passions that my heart desires and which ones I should follow, or ignore in order to please God, then I realized, God has filled my heart with different passions, and if I follow them, he will use me, wherever I am in Society. He will use me to my fullest potential if I submit myself, which I am very willing to do.

When I was reading my journal I really felt like I wanted to share it with the youth group and on my blog, so... over the next few days I am going to take time to copy stuff out of my journal onto here from the week before and both weeks at the Dream Center. Hopefully you will enjoy. Stay tuned!

Wanting to share,
Colton

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow.. Sounds great! This has really touched me in so many ways, Colton. I luv Journals because they're very reflective and dear to my heart, so for you to share this is like a total blessing to me! Let me know when you speak at you're church. I can't wait to hear about that also! (I really like that pic of the people. Very powerful! Wow!)

    ReplyDelete