Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Re-Cap

So, I have had a tiring, stressful day, which I don't get often.
Then this evening, while I was waiting for some dang technology to work, I look at my old blog, I read some really old posts and it was basically, well, horrible, haha -- but in the same time almost laughable. It makes me think of this verse.

Jeremiah 29:11 ---
I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
In the New International Version it says --
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

You see, so many times while I was writing that blog I felt hopeless, lost, abandoned, worthless, like I was done in life, like I had no future. I was wrong. You see God promises us this, a future, prosperity! He will never leave us, he will always be holding our hand and looking out for us, even when we feel we are nowhere near him.

In a way, reading my past blog made me scared. Just worried that I would have to go through that stage of my spiritual journey or life again. In other ways it opened my eyes to how incredibly genius our God is, and how protective he is of his children. I guess it is something we always have to remember, that he will never leave us or forsake us. He has a plan for us to come out on top, for us to win. So let's meet Him half way, He is always reaching out for us, so let's grab his hand, let him pull us out of any mud that we are in. He is always waiting.

Never going back,
Colton.

1 comment: