Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ultimate Invite

Hey folks!
I have a proposition, or maybe more of a challenge, I challenge you to find words that are more inviting or more perfect than the following...

Matthew 11:28-30 ---
Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me -- watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.

See, I've looked, I've looked to the world for something "easier" or more "comfortable" - but guess what? It's impossible. This is Jesus telling us to come to him, in other translations, He is telling us that there is no easier way in life and that his burden is light. AH, this frustrates me, because there really aren't words, or at least in my small vocabulary, to describe how PEACEFUL this path really is. Take a look, God will always be there to hold your hand, ready to teach you the unforced rhythms of grace. Beauty.


Other than that, today was a "good" day, sometimes I wish i didn't have to go to school and I could just worship all day long, or spend time writing blogs and learning, however, this is where God put me, in this schedule, so this is where I will be, trying my hardest to serve him. I think I'm going to try harder, I hate slipping up. Anywho, I am sleepy, and tomorrow will be longer. I work until midnight, so tomorrow's blog may be extra late and extra short. Haha, it's time like these when I am glad I have a saviour.

By the way, I will be waiting for comments to see if any of you can top that for "inviting" words. Good luck. ;)



Covered in love,
Colton

1 comment:

  1. My only comment is that I'm jealous. I hope to feel covered in love again by Him soon enough.

    ReplyDelete