Saturday, January 23, 2010

No Other Way.

I am slowly falling asleep at the computer screen, my eyes are getting heavy and there is so much on my mind tonight...

1 Peter 3:3-4 ---
"Don't be concerned with outward beauty that depends on fancy hairstyles, expensive jewellery and beautiful clothes. You should be known for the beauty that comes from within."

That being one of them.
When I look at this verse I don't take it as literal, as my exact hair, and clothes, I more so think of the whole "fitting in" society. In high school there is so much pressure to fit in, and I don't know why but this year it has really hit me. Why do I care? In the end, this world has nothing to offer me, these people I could spend time trying to impress, really don't matter. Why do I care what people think when really I should only be concerned as what my Father thinks of me?

It seems like such an easy thing to say, well it is easy to say, but it is so hard to do. I honestly believe it is one of the reasons why we sometimes are so strong with god when we are by ourselves and then when we go to school, or hit a crowd, we begin falling from what our goal is, we become distracted with gossip, or what someone is wearing or what people are saying about us.

Sometimes we find ourselves all worked up and overwhelmed, and stressed about this way that people see us, and now that I am thinking about it, that is a trick from Satan. The bible says that Satan is like a Lion waiting to pounce. If he sees that we care what people think, he will use that, and distract from what we are supposed to be doing. It's so incredible to think about how it all works out.

We go to school, and instead of being yourself and shining the light of guy, you try to act tough around certain people, so that they will think you are "cool". Or you say things that really aren't like you at all. I am realizing that this is bogus! Haha, God made us the way we are supposed to be, PERFECTLY! We make mistakes, and he uses those mistakes. Everything about us, about our character that has developed, he uses. So let's not hide that by some facade that we are told to wear to be the norm. Let's be proud to have been changed by this power, that is how people will see the light of God and come to it, honesty, be ourselves, that's who God is wanting to use! God uses us the way we are. No other way.

Being used the way I am,
Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment