Thursday, January 21, 2010

Stop.

Have you just sat in stillness and thought about His greatness? Yes, we always ponder how He could love someone like me, or how He forgives continuously... But do we ever realize how absolutely powerful and almighty this God is?
Watch this video then keep reading!

http://www.crazylovebook.com/videos_awe.html

After I watched this all I could do was sit in amazement, like it says: Speechless, Amazed, and Humbled. My mom bought the book "Crazy Love" and it so true, every word speaks a new truth, and I haven't gotten past chapter two yet. So far it has challenged me to Stop! Stop Praying. Stop listing of demands and asking favours and just sit in his presence and admire is holiness. When you conquer that, and put yourself into that... Well, there really is no greater reward, my mind can ramble forever is his holiness.
I am the type guy who is forever on the run. Always moving to the next place, not usually taking time to stop and smell the roses. However, when I did stop to sniff, the aroma that filled my lungs was addicting and therefore I will forever be stopping to sniff. (Cheesy analogy of the night, hope you enjoy.)

Psalm 19:1-4 ---
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.

In Daniel 4:35 it says that No one can hold back his hand or say to him: "What have you done?" He is the one who is always right, he truly, deeply, always knows the answer and always knows what it best for us. He is the perfect father for a human being of any age.

I want to quote this book to you, but instead I shall encourage you to read it for yourself. It truly is phenomenal.

I don't know what else to say other than I hope you can find that place where you sit and soak in his love and just stare at his power. I challenge you to find time to do this once a day. We spend so much time praying to him, but what if we stop? Stop and sniff. Pick up the rose, and don't let go. Give him all the praise he deserves.

Stopping, and sniffing - more like inhaling at this point,
Colton.


1 comment:

  1. Haha! Great is all I can say at this point.
    I have been contemplative as to, rather or not get this book. I've been feeling directed to getting it, but haven't had the "chance" to yet.
    Excuses, excuses, I know.

    Thanks for sharing this and that video. I was on crazy loves site about a week ago, but didn't come across the vid. Thanks! Have a good weekend!

    Yazzie :)

    ReplyDelete