Saturday, January 23, 2010

Today

HEY THERE!
So today I was talking to a guy who goes to the youth group that my mom does. He asked me a question... " How do you know if you're in love."
Instantly, I resorted to 1 Corinthians 13 ---

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

It's so true, of course we look at this verse if we have feelings for a person, but did you ever notice how this is describing a perfect love? A love of God? This is how he loves. I was always taught that if you ever thought you were in love, test yourself against this verse, wether you are a Christian or not, a good love, a love that will last, has to fit this criteria.

You know, when I was talking to this guy today I learned so much. I was talking about how when we are 12 years old we have a certain perception of love. And as we grow our ability to give and receive love matures, as well as the love itself. Until finally we are able to understand and see how much, and how perfect God loves us, and how much we can love him. That is when we can fully understand what that powerful four letter word actually means, and how much significance it actually has. I challenger you to test yourself against this verse daily, keep yourself in check. god tells us to show His love; His love is perfect. So let's perfect our love.

On a side note, it is so encouraging to have younger guys ask me for advice, it feels like I have done something right to be able to be asked something, and give something back. I really like that, just throwing that out there. God is moving. Forever and always moving.

Which reminds me, I was driving home from work about two days ago and had a huge conversation with God... and you know what? I'm going to save that for tomorrow. Don't let me forget.

Drowning in Love,

Colton

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of brandon heath's "Love never fails". You'll have to excuse me though, I get random songs in my head on certain topics and at certain moments. or maybe not so ramdom.. lol! You brought up a good point. Thanks! :)

    (Can't wait to hear prt. 2! haha)
    Oh,and sorry about the deletes. I realized certain sentences didn't add up :\ lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, no worries. I'll check out that song. Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey man this is awsome i love it ahah everytime i read it it makes me feel so happy or osmehtin lol but i just was readin ur blog today and then i remembered this haha but yeah man thanks for everythin.....

    ReplyDelete